Ch. 25 - Why Grandma?

"Big play next week, guys, let's hustle," the drama teacher commanded as she walked around the cafeteria, watching her students. "Daniel, listen to your partner, she knows what she's doing." He nods, looking back at you.

"She's so worked up on this play," Dan whispers.

"I heard that her parents are coming to see it, so, she wants it to be good," you whisper back.

"It's not like she wrote the script. We're just re-enacting shit," Dan shrugs. "Okay, let's start over."

Because someone else was assigned to narrate, you needed to say that part to get Daniel ready.

"On a dark winter night, a ghost walks the ramparts of Elsinore Castle in Denmark," you read. "Ordering Hamlet to seek revenge on the man who usurped his throne and married his wife, the ghost disappears with the dawn."

Because Dan's got this shit down, he was suppose to act out everything you say as you say it. The first time watching him do this was too funny. The play was originally made to go by the original script and just go with it, but because it would take too much time out of the schools assembly schedule, Sydney assigned someone to be the narrator.

Doing this cuts down the play to about 10-15 minutes, giving enough time to get ready in between the few minutes to start the play over for the next group of the school.

Make sense?

After rehearsal was over, we had to figure out how much time we all actually have to change into the next set of clothes for the next group of teenagers.
Because Dan Howell is, in fact, a male, and you are not allowed to help him change into his next set of clothes. Instead, you have the same job as the last assembly; captain of one group of one scene. The first scene.

Yes, you are suppose to just do the first scene that Daniel jumps out to and goes on. Although, you are in charge of just Dan Howell in general.

Sydney's confusing schedule, can't really complain.

-

"What if you do it crazily," you recommend.

"Is crazily even a word," Dan asked, tossing a ball up and down as he lays upon your sofa.

Philip was there too to witness the day in the life of after school practice. Or just to watch over you. Which ever sounds more like Phil.

"No, I mean, be dramatic about it," You explain. "For example, let's say that I say 'And Daniel defeats the bad guy super anime' then you would dramatically act it out super anime."

"Super anime?!" He laughs at your choice of words. "So, what, you want me to Dragon Ball Z it? COM-E HAM-E, AAA!" He reenacts a fight scene.

"Is that Dragon Ball Z," Phil asks, bouncing onto your sofa next to you.

"No jumping," you let him know. Dan shrugs at his question. "But do you understand what I mean? You have to dramatically go for it. Double the narration."

Dan nods, adjusting his seat, sitting on the edge of the chair. "So, if the line said to Kiss the princess passionately, I can kiss her passionately times two? Double the narration." He smirks, chuckling a bit.

"Uh, no." You laugh. Phil taps your shoulder.

"This is why I don't like him," he whispers. "Hashtag pig."

"The fuck is a hashtag," Dan mumbles.

"The point is," you say louder, over powering the boys. "You should double the action. If he says that you need to run into the forest, you will do the dramatic surprise, jump, run towards the forest."

"That's gonna be funny," Phil giggles.

"Yeah, okay," Dan nods.

You clasp your hands together. "Great! Now, let's go over the changing routine."

"Ugh, do we have to? It's so much work— you have to rush," he whines.

"Sucks for you," Phil laughs. "Maybe you should drop the class?"

"Fuck off, dick, my classes are none of your concern."

"Okay, stop fighting! Dan," you point at him. "Get the costumes."

He shrugs, "I didn't get costumes. I left them in the cafeteria."

"I know you did, ya shit, so I grabbed them," you smirk.

"These ugly things on your bed," Phil asks.

"Yeah, could you get them?"

Phil nods and walks over to your bedroom.

You look towards Daniel as he stands up from the seat. "Strip."

"Excuse me," he raises his eyebrows.

You laugh at his response. "I mean you need to remove your clothes for the change. You have an under-shirt and the shorts I told you about, right?"

"Yeah," he murmurs.

"Okay then, this is how it's going to be," you start as Dan removes his shirt and throws it onto the ground.

Standing from the sofa, you slip on his shirt and fall on your bottom, onto the floor. As Dan laughs, he gives a hand to help you up, "you okay?" He manages to say between his laughing.

"Yeah," you say quietly, a bit embarrassed. As Dan lifts you up, you lean forward and push into his chest. Blushing, you pull away.

"Okay, let's get these jeans off," you mutter, grabbing onto his waist.

He moves your hands quickly, a confused expression plastered onto his face. "Wot?"

"Dan, people are assigned to help you undress, you need to get use to it." He moves his lips to the side, unsure about his next moves. "You have shorts on," you chuckle.

He rolls his eyes. "Fine." He unbuckles his belt and hangs onto your shoulders for balance as you help him pull his bottoms down.

"Sorry I took so long, I had to—" Phil stops, holding the outfits in his hand as he stares at you two. After getting his bottoms off, you stare at Phil, questioning his look.

"Philip, what's wrong?"

His mouth hanging open, he quickly shuts it, and suddenly speaks. "I had to use the restroom. I'm sure Dan does too," he said, raising his voice.

Dan stares at him, wondering why he said that.

He then looks down and his face turns red. "I do! I'll be back!" He shouts, running to the nearest restroom. He shuts the door and shouts, "I have to call my grandma!"

Phil turns to you and whispers, "did you see it?"

"See what, what's the deal?"

"You didn't see it," Phil's eyes widen.

"No, see what?"

Phil shakes his head. "Never mind. He needs his grandma."