Ch. 20 - Clueless.

Photo; made on my iPhone by yours truly.

You've become obsessed, and it wasn't the best idea. Staring at him and thinking about things you'd be considered insane for thinking. His lips looked as perked as ever, his laugh asking for your attention. You just want to wrap your arms around his waist and tell him how perfect he is.

"Y/N," Sydney interrupts your thoughts. "How's Daniel doing?"

Blinking a couple of times, you come to your senses and reply. "Oh, he's doing well. If we practice with the time we've got, then, we'll be perfect." Sydney then nods as you sigh in relief of any further questions.

Dan looks towards you and smiles a bit, "do you really think I've been good?"

You look up at him and smile back. "Sure, Dan," you say, trying to sound as if you were lying. But you weren't, he's always been good.

After Sydney asked the students how things were doing, she left the class to rehearse. Dan puts his arm around your shoulder, "so, ready to get this going?"

"Ugh, as if," you say, sarcastically, grabbing his wrist and moving his arm off you. Standing by him with his script in his hand, you scan the papers. "Let's start from here to here," you command, pointing at the top of a certain page and sliding it down toward the middle.

He clears his throat dramatically, "To be, or not to be, that is the question. Whether it is—"

"Tis, Dan. It's old English," you correct him. He rolls his eyes, continuing.

"'Tis nobler in the mind to suffer..." he continues his lines without interruption nor pauses.

You applaud him as he bows, "bravo, sir. I'd call out a perfect but you obviously don't like the old English language."

"Thank you, miss," he nods. "And 'tis isn't even a word."

You walk behind him to look at his script, pointing at a spot, "okay, let's start here." You back up, having him stand in front of you once again.

He clears his throat again, "For who would bear the whips and scorns of time— The oppressor's wrong—" you stop him again.

"No, stop, it's th—. Th—. Drag the sound out and add it to the other word. Don't separate it into "the oppressor," control the word."

Dan clicks his tongue in irritation and continues his script. "Th'oppressor's wrong... the proud man's contumely, the pangs of dispriz'd love, the law's delay." He looks up at you for confirmation that he's been speaking correctly. You nod and he takes a breath, looking back at his script. "The insolence of office, and the spurns-"

"Daniel!" The teacher stopped him, making Dan jolt in fear that he's done something wrong. "That was amazing," she cooed. Literally, all he did was read lines, didn't even say the words correctly.

"Awe, thanks Miss Sydney. It's all Y/N, though," he smirks at you, holding his hand out, allowing you to stand by him. Your eyes widen, unknown of why he's giving credit. You slowly walk towards him, smiling at the teacher.

"You two are a great team. I might put you two together more often!"

"Uh, Miss, isn't that what you've been doing," you ask.

"Yes, and what a job well done I'm doing," she nods, walking away with a smile.

As soon as she was out of hearing range, you turn to Daniel, "kiss ass much?"