Ch. 26 - Detention

"Oh, Howell, you look so handsome in that outfit," the teacher laughed. "But, Daniel, you're going to need to be a little faster, alright? That took a whole 30 seconds and we need it to be," she snaps her fingers, "quick."

"Yes, sorry," he replies. You were standing in the front of the stage, keeping track of Dan's timing. His hat was lopsided and the back of his one piece wasn't buttoned up.

"Okay, let's see everyone else..." Sydney walks off and you write down Dan's time. 30 seconds. Starting to walk over to him, you stop in your tracks, listening to a high voice.

"Oh, Danny, you really do look ravishing in that outfit," you overhear. "I wonder what it looks like underneath..."

Dan smiles weakly and shrugs. "Thanks." You watch him take off his hat and walk back into the dressing room.

You, then, quickly walk behind the girl and speak, "don't call him that." She jumps and turns around to face you, your face being plain and bored. "He hates to be called that."

The girl frowns and sighs. "Slut," she murmurs.

Your facial expression drops. I'm not a slut, you think to yourself.

"Don't listen to her and her army of skanks," Dan's voice pops out, loudly. "She's just jealous that we have a larger history." He walks out, smiling, and back into his original clothes.

"Thanks," you stare up into his brown eyes. He leans in, the eyes you were then staring at now closing, his body moving closer to you. In a panic, you push your hand out onto his chest, stopping him for any other movements.

"Uhm," you become speechless as Dan seems to be coming to his senses. Or realizing that he fucked up. "Today we need to work on your timing," you smile, trying to lay off the awkward cut-off kiss.

His eyes drop to an angry look. You turn away and start walking to the front of the stage, about to jump down. Though, you feel a cold hand grasp around your forearm, pulling you to the very back of the stage within the legs of the curtains. "What the—"

"I know you like me," Dan says in a deep voice, sounding irritated.

"I—..."

"Stop trying to deny it, Y/N. I know you can't handle the truth but just admit it!"

"Dan, I don't think now's a good time to—"

"It's never a good time to do anything with you," he shouts, giving everyone an excuse to look in the back at you two. "I know you want me, Phil knows it, that skank back there knows it, and you know it, too," he pokes your chest, making you travel backwards a bit.

"Daniel," you tell, getting his attention. He then relaxes his expression and looks around, red faced. Miss Sydney has a red face too.

"Detention, Mr. Howell," she shouted. You look up at Dan's worried face. "Both of you! After school." You flinch, looking at the teacher oddly. "I will not tolerate this shouting of foul language!"

You look back at Dan with an angry facial expression, "thanks a lot, Dan. We've got detention because of you." You roll your eyes.

He huffs at you and turns away, stomping off.

-

Philly-Boi
You bad girl.

You respond back quickly;

hey, it's not my fault!

why didn't you just kiss him?

Wouldn't you like to know?

i'm rolling my eyes

Tell the fam I'll be late

wut tell em you've been fuvking dan ok bye bye

Bitch, you wish

Tootles, snowflake

You put your phone away and walk to the classroom of detention. Opening the door, you pull out your slip and set it on the teachers desk. Walking to the back of the class, you sit in the very last seat in the corner.

As Daniel walked in and sets his slip onto the desk atop of yours and sits directly front of you.

Other kids walk in and do the same, sitting in different spots.

"I'm so glad I got detention on a Monday," some one muttered.

"I know, right? Fifteen minutes after school," another said.

As a bell rings, a man walks into the classroom. He was tall and seemed middle aged and laid back. He had a dark blonde hair color, the style of it flipped to the side above his head.

"Hey, guys. I'm in charge of the detention times, Mr. K. I see some familiar faces," he smiles.

He has some stubble and blue eyes, similar to Phil's.

"Daniel Howell... long time no see," he laughs. "You've been doing so well, bro!"

"I've been trying to clean up my act, Mr. Kjellberg," Dan sighs.

"Of course. Keep up the good work," Mr. K leans to the side, staring at you. "And who might you be?"

"I'm Y/N. I got in trouble by this guy," you groan, pointing at Daniel.

"Hey, if you just did what I wanted then we wouldn't be here," he turns to face you, angry.

"Over my dead body," you roll your eyes as Dan bites his bottom lip, turning back around.

"Well, for those of you who don't know, I'm Felix Kjellberg. I'm originally from Sweden but flew here and there and I now live here," he smiles. "I'm pretty laid back and I don't mind talking. Leaving my class and getting loud is a problem, but when it's quiet, it's kind of creepy," he chuckles.

"Can you put on some music," a kid in the front asks.

He laughs, sitting atop of his desk. "What'd you want, Mozart?"

"No, some good songs," another shouted, making the rest of the kids laugh.

"Mr. Kjellberg, can you tell us the story of your wife again," another teen asked.

"Good grief," Dan rolled his eyes.

"What, Howell? Can't handle the love," you ask, raising your eyebrows.

"No! I've heard this story too many times! It's boring."

"Ah, but my good sir, love is never boring once you find it," Mr. K smiles.

"You always seem so happy, sir. How come," you wonder aloud.

"Waking up next to my wife every morning gives me joy. It took too long to finally meet her, I never want to let her go." The students cry in awe, "always show your love in the best of ways, bros. But, you wouldn't understand. You kids are only- what- sixteen?"

"Fifteen."
"Sixteen," the students reply.

As the bell rings, the students stand from their seats and say goodbye to their beloved teacher. As Dan quickly walks out of the room with his bag, you do the same, following him out the school.

"Hey," you shout after him as he sprints on the pavement. "Dan, I know you're mad at me," you shout again, walking at his pace.
"Danny—"

Daniel stops walking and quickly turns around, pointing his index finger in your face. "Don't ever call me Danny," he said in an irritated tone. "I tried to show you how I feel and all that shit, but, you reject me," he said, calming down. "Meet me at my house. We need to practice my timing." Dan turns back around, facing forward and continues walking, crossing the road to get to his house.

Watching him until his door shuts, you run over to Phil's house and knock on his door repeatedly. He answers. "Hey—"

"Dan really likes me!"