Ch. 19 - Awkwardness

As you walk into your homeroom just as the late bell rings, you notice Dan resting his head on the school desk. His hair was a mess and he continuously groaned. Sitting at your seat, you greet him. "Hey, hoe."

The boy lifted his head and pouted, "Phil hurt me."

"Phil hurt you,"  you question in disbelief. "I find that hard to believe."

"Hey, you don't know what it's like to get kicked in the balls. Especially so hard..." Slamming his head against the desk, he sighs.

"Well, I'll talk to him, okay?" He slowly nods, moving his arms over his head.

I can't stop thinking about yesterday.
Did it mean something?

No.

"So... about yesterday—" you start. Daniels' head jolts up as he scoots his chair closer to you.

"You've been thinking about it too?" He blinks a couple of times, realizing what he was doing. Dan looks away and rubs the back of his neck. "Uhm..." he scoots back to his correct spot.

"It was a mistake," you conclude.

"Total mistake," he agrees.

"And it won't happen again!"

"Same here."

"And we won't be awkward about it," you nod.

"And it meant nothing." He bites onto his bottom lip, looking around the class. "Okay, it obviously didn't."

"Yeah, but it's okay!"

"It's fine!"

"And it won't happen again and things will be normal," you nod. "Agree?"

"Agree."

As the first hour bell rings, you both sigh, facing each other.

"I guess I should go," he says, standing up.

"Yeah, Phil must be waiting," you respond, standing as well.

You grab your bag and look into his eyes. Saying nothing, you turn to walk out of the classroom door, meeting with Phil in the hallway.

"Hey," he greets you. "Mate, you two were going at it yesterday. Well, after I stepped in and saved your virgin life."

"Don't remind me," you huff, starting to walk towards science class.

-

"Alright, welcome back," Sydney greets the drama class. "New play coming up next month, so, we have plenty of time to rehearse!"

You try to pay attention but everything just comes to a blur as you bounce up and down, staring back at Dan. Your anxious self felt like your blood boil. Your head became dizzy and you couldn't pay attention. Though, when your name was called, your head held high, and quickly, towards the voice that called.

"Y/N," it was Miss Sydney. You sharply turn your head towards her, giving her your attention. "I've made the decision to pair you with Daniel, but, you won't be in the play. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah! Totally. That's fine," you agree with the teacher. You, honestly, didn't care if you were in the play or not. You just wanted an excuse to hang out with him more. "Daniel," she continues. "You'll play Prince Hamlet for the William Shakespeare play, Hamlet." He then nods and gets passed a script.
"Y/N is going to help you with the intense scenes, considering she did so well the last time," she complements. "So, you two can talk out those details. As of tomorrow, we'll get started on the practicing."