Chapter 9: The Gleason Dash

In the hallowed halls of Southern Lab, a recent escapade in Summer's 5th-grade class became the stuff of legends, a tale that would be whispered and chuckled about for weeks to come.

One fateful morning, Summer found herself arriving at school earlier than Ms. Gleason, the perennial buzzkill of the class. As she entered the classroom, she was greeted by the ever-enthusiastic Jayci and the class's resident mischief-maker, Joseph. Despite Joseph's knack for annoyance, this particular day promised an unexpected amusement.

Seizing the opportunity for a little pre-class mischief, Summer dashed to the back window. With a mischievous grin, she peered out to check if the dreaded Ms. Gleason was on her way. Her friends, Jayci and Joseph, joined in the conspiracy, eager to partake in the shenanigans.

The tension in the room escalated as Jayci couldn't resist asking the burning question, "Is she coming?" Summer, with a theatrical flair, hollered, "She's coming, y'all!" The trio sprang into action, like a well-rehearsed comedy routine.

In a flurry of movement, they frantically unpacked their belongings, turned on the class lights, and fervently opened their chromebooks, all while attempting to appear as though everything was perfectly normal. The synchronized chaos that unfolded was nothing short of a comedic masterpiece.

As the door creaked open and Ms. Gleason strolled in, the trio sat innocently at their desks, a picture of studious dedication. Their synchronized scramble had transformed into a perfectly orchestrated act of morning routine innocence.

The incident became a cherished memory, one that brought moments of laughter throughout the school days. Summer, Jayci, and Joseph shared secret smiles, knowing they had successfully executed the legendary "Gleason Dash," a moment of rebellion against the routine of their stern teacher that would be remembered for years to come.