Chapter 44: Sariyah's Farewell Bash

It was the day of Sariyah's birthday party, and Summer was determined not to miss it. Rushing to get ready, she quickly dressed, brushed her teeth, and combed her hair before dashing out the door.

The meeting spot was the mini dome, just a few minutes away from their school. As everyone gathered, they played with Sariyah's adorable little sister, Mya. Soon, they boarded a party bus, bigger than the one from last year, and danced to music while on the move.

Their first stop was Main Event for laser tag. Summer had a blast playing two rounds, scoring fourth and then second. Afterward, they hopped back on the party bus and headed to the movies to watch the new Trolls movie, although Summer had hoped to see the new Bob Marley film.

Inside the theater, an unexpected incident occurred. Summer's classmate, Dea Lee, whom she didn't particularly like, approached her and hit her in the lower stomach for no reason. Despite being on her period, Summer tried to hold back tears.

Thankfully, Tia noticed what happened and sat with Summer for a while to offer support before leaving. After the movie, Summer and her friends headed home, exhausted from the day's adventures, and drifted off to sleep.