Chapter 20 : A Silent Struggle

A heavy cloud hung over Summer's household when she learned that her sister, Skye, had contracted COVID on the day of a crucial game they were set to cheer for. Concern etched across Summer's face as she grappled with the weight of the situation.

Fearing the potential repercussions, Summer made the difficult decision to keep Skye's condition a secret. The impending game, a moment of triumph and celebration for the school, felt overshadowed by the silent struggle unfolding within her own family.

Summer navigated through the day with a heavy heart, concealing the truth to shield Skye from judgment and herself from the isolation she feared. The echoes of Marissa's experience lingered in her mind, a haunting reminder of the fragility of friendships.

As the day unfolded, Summer wore a mask of normalcy, suppressing her worries to maintain an appearance of composure. The anticipation of the game weighed on her, juxtaposed against the personal turmoil she faced at home.

Deep down, Summer grappled with conflicting emotions. The desire to support Skye and maintain the facade of normalcy clashed with the fear of isolation, leaving her caught in a silent struggle between loyalty to her sister and the dread of losing friends.

Throughout the day, Summer wrestled with the heavy secret, questioning whether the burden of silence was worth the potential consequences. Yet, the fear of becoming an outcast like Marissa loomed large, driving her to keep Skye's battle against COVID shrouded in secrecy.

As the day drew to a close, Summer found herself at a crossroads – torn between the loyalty she felt toward her sister and the fear of becoming an unintentional pariah. The weight of the unspoken truth hung in the air, casting a somber shadow over what was meant to be a day of celebration.