Chapter 24: Unwrapping Surprises

The clock struck midnight, signaling the arrival of Christmas Day, and Summer, still awake with anticipation, couldn't resist the allure of her phone's glow. The magical date, December 25, 2023, had finally arrived. As she drifted into sleep, dreams of wrapped surprises and the joy of Christmas morning danced in her mind.

Awakening to the cloudy remnants of the previous night's rain, Summer's excitement bubbled to the surface. Her habit of trying to be a tween led her to ask for clothes, shoes, and purses for Christmas. The promise of stylish gifts fueled her eagerness to uncover the treasures that awaited.

Attempting to wake SaMya for their customary early morning present inspection, Summer encountered a surprising refusal. SaMya directed her to Skye for assistance, setting the stage for a twist in their Christmas morning routine.

Accompanied by Skye, Summer entered the living room to find an array of gifts, with the majority tagged for her younger siblings. Aware of the secret behind Santa's myth, Summer recognized the hand of her parents in the selection of presents.

Eager to reveal the contents of the colorful wrapping paper, Summer enlisted Skye's help. The anticipation reached its peak as they unwrapped a series of delightful surprises. Purses, a pair of Nike low black dunks, and an entire outfit from her SHEIN wishlist left Summer beaming with gratitude.

The Christmas morning took an unexpected turn when SaMya's boyfriend, Micheal (or Mike), joined the festivities. Summer, free from the frenzy that Skye and Ivy exhibited whenever Mike was around, observed the unfolding scene with amusement.

To extend the celebration, Summer and her sisters ventured to their grandparents' house. However, the joy was tempered by the receipt of gifts that didn't align with Summer's preferences. A watch and a mini game about quotes left her puzzled, questioning the necessity of such items in her life.

Despite the unexpected twists, Summer found herself embracing the unique charm of this Christmas. While she initially feared it might be labeled as "boring" due to the absence of traditional toys, the warmth of family and the joy of unwrapping surprises turned this Christmas into a memorable celebration.