hapter 62: Summer's Victory and New Role

Today marked the culmination of Summer's campaign efforts as voting day arrived. Throughout the day, she nervously pleaded with her classmates not to vote for her, hoping to avoid any potential embarrassment.

As the day progressed, the time finally came for the announcements. The Google form for voting was opened, covering positions like Ms. 6th grade and SGA (Student Government Association). After the votes were cast, everyone eagerly awaited the results, to be announced during the afternoon announcements.

When the announcements began, they started with the elementary results. However, since Summer was still in fifth grade, the Ms. 6th grade results were part of the middle school announcements. With bated breath, Summer listened as Jayci was declared the winner of Ms. 6th grade. Despite her disappointment, Summer graciously accepted defeat, receiving congratulations from her peers.

Back at home, Summer struggled to contain her true emotions. While she wanted to scream with joy, she had to maintain a facade of disappointment in front of her family.

The following day, during ELA class, the Student Government Association (SGA) representatives entered. When Ms. Gleason was asked for any nominees for the 6th grade representative, all eyes turned to Summer. After a moment of hesitation, Summer accepted the nomination, seeing it as an opportunity to appease her family after the Ms. 6th grade loss.

As the SGA representatives left, Summer couldn't help but feel a tinge of disappointment. However, her friend Sariyah offered her congratulations, providing a small glimmer of support amidst the indifference of her classmates. Despite the mixed emotions, Summer realized the significance of her new role and fell asleep with a sense of determination and a hopeful grin on her face.