Chapter 48: Summer's New Boyfriend and the Field Trip

As the long-awaited field trip approached, Summer found herself feeling bored and lonely, secretly longing for a boyfriend or crush. She knew she needed to ask her friend Carsyn to set her up with someone, as Carsyn knew many people. Promising herself she would ask the next day, Summer anticipated the upcoming field trip to Man Ship Theater to watch a show.

The night before the field trip, Summer and Carsyn were on the phone. Summer knew it was now or never, so she texted Carsyn her request. Carsyn's joy was evident as she enthusiastically agreed to help Summer find someone. After a brief discussion, they settled on a boy named Kj. Summer had his number but had never texted him before. Carsyn assured her that Kj was the same age and lived in Bottomore, a place Summer had never heard of. Despite trying, they couldn't find a photo of him that night, as Kj was already asleep.

Summer sent Carsyn a photo of herself to send to Kj in the morning and then went to sleep. An hour later, she woke up, realizing she would have to tell the rest of her friends. This would also put an end to them shipping her with Kel. She decided to wait until she got Kj's response.

The next morning, as Summer prepared for the field trip, she anxiously awaited Kj's response and photo. Later on the bus, Carsyn shared the news: Kj had said yes! Summer was overjoyed, but she knew she had to tell her friends Marrisa, Sariyah, and Aleigh. They were happy for her, but word spread quickly through the friend group, except for Tia and Kassidy.

During the show at Man Ship Theater, Summer sat by Kaidence, whispering about the performance until it was time to eat. As they ate, Sariyah couldn't stop mentioning Kj. Eventually, she couldn't contain her excitement any longer. Standing up in front of all the boys, she yelled, "Attention, Attention, Attention, Summer is now off the market!" Fortunately, the boys seemed indifferent, and the announcement went unnoticed by most.

After school, Carsyn finally sent Summer a picture of Kj. Summer blushed when she saw him and couldn't believe he was interested in her.