Chapter 54: Summer's Countdown

As the days rolled by, Summer found herself eagerly anticipating a slew of upcoming events. From the tie-dye event for Easter at her school to the highly anticipated crawfish bowl, and not to mention the SULS JV cheer tryouts scheduled for April 9 - 11, the calendar was packed with excitement. Additionally, Easter was just around the corner, promising festivities and family gatherings.

However, just when everything seemed to be falling into place, misfortune struck. Summer fell ill with a sore throat, forcing her to stay home from school. The possibility that it might be tonsillitis loomed over her, casting a shadow of worry and uncertainty. The thought of having to undergo surgery to remove her tonsils filled her with apprehension, and her heart sank at the prospect of missing out on all the upcoming events she had been eagerly looking forward to.

Despite her disappointment and concern, Summer tried to stay positive, hoping that her illness would pass quickly so she could resume her countdown to the exciting events ahead. With each passing day, she kept her fingers crossed, eagerly awaiting the moment when she would be back on her feet and ready to dive back into the excitement awaiting her.