Chapter 61: The Final Day of Cheer Tryouts

After days of campaigning, enduring embarrassing moments during PE, and countless hours of practice, the moment had arrived—the final day of SULS JV cheer team tryouts.

Summer woke up with a mix of nerves and excitement coursing through her veins. Today was the day she had been working towards, and she was determined to give it her all.

Dressed in all black attire and sporting makeup to complete the look, Summer joined her friends as they made their way to the high school floor of the school where the tryouts would take place.

While her friends engaged in lighthearted banter and antics, Summer remained focused, mentally rehearsing her routines and motions.

As she entered the dance room with her group, which included her sister Skye and friends Kassidy and Tia, Summer's heart pounded with anticipation. She recollected all the hours spent practicing and hoped it would pay off.

The girls performed their cheer and dance routines to the best of their abilities before exiting the room. Summer's legs felt like jelly, and her heart raced with anxiety as she awaited the results.

To her surprise, Ms. Circle called her and Kassidy back into the room for a redo of the cheer. Panic set in for Summer as she questioned where she had gone wrong.

Summoning all her focus and energy, Summer reentered the room with Kassidy. They executed their routine with sharper movements and louder cheers before exiting once again.

Leaving the school, Summer anxiously awaited a text from Ms. Circle with the results. The tension was palpable as she and her sister Skye prepared to hear their fate.

Finally, the text arrived, and Summer's mom D'shannan screamed with joy—both Summer and Skye had made the team!

Overwhelmed with emotion, Summer and Skye celebrated with screams of joy and tears of exhaustion. However, amidst the elation, Summer couldn't shake the feeling of not feeling as special as she had anticipated. With almost everyone making the team, she couldn't help but feel that tryouts hadn't been as significant as she had imagined. Disheartened, she went to sleep that night with a lingering sense of disappointment.