Chapter 58: Shattered Trust

As Summer sat in the living room with her mom, she anticipated a typical evening, filled with mundane chatter about campaign matters. However, her world was about to be rocked by devastating news.A call came in from Niyah, accompanied by a group of others. Niyah urged Summer to answer, claiming she had something important to share.

Summer hesitated but eventually joined the call, greeted by Niyah, along with a girl named Jaliyah and another unknown presence.What they disclosed left Summer reeling in shock and anger – Kj had cheated on her with Jaliyah while they were together. Jaliyah further revealed that Kj had a reputation as a player, compounding Summer's feelings of betrayal and hurt.

With a mix of rage and heartache, Summer listened as they spoke, unable to comprehend the depth of deceit.Eventually, Jaliyah concluded her revelation, and Summer was left to process the brutal truth. As she disconnected from the call, a storm of emotions raged within her. Betrayal coursed through her veins, mingling with a profound sense of loss.

In the wake of the devastating news, Summer made two solemn vows to herself. Firstly, she swore never to invest her heart in someone she hadn't met in person, learning a harsh lesson about online relationships. Secondly, she resolved never to entrust Carsyn with her love life again, feeling a sense of betrayal by her friend's involvement.

Seeking solace and understanding, Summer confronted Niyah about her knowledge of Kj's infidelity. When Niyah confirmed her awareness, Summer made the painful decision to cut off communication, blocking her out of her life, at least for the time being.

Alone with her thoughts, Summer grappled with the shattered trust and the weight of broken promises. The once bright prospects of love now seemed tarnished by deceit, leaving Summer to navigate a path forward, wounded but resilient.