Chapter 37: A Day of Surprises

The day at school for Summer was with unexpected twists and turns, leaving her with mixed emotions.

It all began when Marrisa, an old friend with a reputation for being messy and mean, joined Summer and her classmates in class. Summer couldn't shake the feeling of unease as Marrisa sat nearby, stirring up old memories of their strained friendship.

During PE, a routine trip to the bathroom turned into a confrontation when Marrisa unexpectedly joined Summer's friend group, causing tension and suspicion among the friends. Summer felt a mix of anger and betrayal as she confronted Marrisa about possibly snitching on them to Ms. Gleason, leaving their friendship on shaky ground.

As the day progressed, Summer couldn't shake the feeling of being watched by Marrisa, adding to her unease.

After school, Summer's mood brightened when her long-awaited SHEIN order arrived, bringing excitement and joy. However, her happiness was short-lived when she received news that her papa had contracted COVID. Despite her initial reaction of frustration, Summer quickly shifted into action mode, preparing to stay with her mom and dad for the next few weeks to support her family.

Amidst the whirlwind of emotions, Summer found solace in a relaxing bath before drifting off to sleep, her mind filled with dreams of unity and celebration with her friends.