Chapter 36: A Rollercoaster Day

The day at school for Summer was like a rollercoaster, with unexpected ups and downs.

It all began at PE when Summer's friends playfully searched through Tia's bag, leading to an unfortunate misunderstanding. Tia accused Summer of snooping, and a brief fight ensued. Summer, sensitive and dealing with period cramps, ended up in tears. Despite an apology from Tia, the emotional aftermath lingered throughout the day.

In class, Ms. Gleason's random pairing led Summer to work with Joseph, the class annoyance. Dealing with his antics during a math problem, Summer reached a breaking point. Taking action, she flipped Joseph's pencil and sought refuge with Tia and Carsyn. Summer's bold move garnered laughter from classmates, but she remained unfazed, determined to enjoy the rest of her day.

Later, in band class, Summer grappled with learning the flute, realizing the challenges of playing an instrument without prior knowledge of notes. The experience left her reconsidering band for the next school year.

After school, the focus shifted to a girls' basketball game, where Summer and her sister Skye cheered. It was also elementary night, but Summer and Skye opted out of participating in the basketball-related activities. The game ended in victory for SULS, but Summer couldn't shake the feeling of being left out during halftime when her friends received gifts.

As the rollercoaster day concluded, Summer returned home and sought solace in sleep, hoping for a better tomorrow.