Chapter 53: Summer's Saturday Adventure

The day after the off-brand Oreos disaster dawned with promises of a festive Easter Day bash hosted by Summer's mom's job. While Summer wasn't particularly thrilled about attending, she knew her mom wouldn't let her off the hook.

At the fairground where the Easter bash was held, various activities awaited, including multiple egg hunts for different age groups. Skye, Summer's younger sister, eagerly anticipated the 6-10 age group egg hunt. The highlight of the hunt was the elusive golden egg, promising a secret prize to the lucky finder.

As they waited in line for the egg hunt, Summer observed Skye's nervous excitement. Determined to increase Skye's chances, Summer hatched a plan—she would pretend to be 10 years old to join the hunt alongside Skye. With her cousins Delaya and Unity in tow, Summer vowed to share her winnings if they were successful.

When the buzzer sounded, signaling the start of the hunt, chaos ensued as kids scrambled to collect eggs scattered across the field. Despite the frenzy, the golden egg was soon discovered—but to Summer's dismay, it was found by a grown man who shouldn't have been participating. The unfairness of the situation soured the mood for Summer and her family, especially when the man passed the prize to his son.

Disheartened by the turn of events, Summer, Skye, and their family decided to leave the fairground. To lift their spirits, they embarked on a trip to the mall, where SaMya shopped for prom jewelry while Ivy enjoyed Chuck E. Cheese's. Later, they capped off the day with a meal at Pluckers before heading home, the disappointment of the egg hunt gradually fading as they focused on the moments shared together.