Chapter 29: Summer's Hardworking Day 🛒📦

Waking up on a Thursday, Summer realized her break was coming to an end, and she had one more task to tackle before returning to school. Since 4th grade, Summer had been accompanying her Minnie to work, helping at the food pantry, a commitment that continued during breaks and over the summer.

Her Minnie, though retired, took up the job to support vital needs. On any regular day, clients in need would visit the pantry to collect food, but Thursdays were different. The food truck arrived, making it a bustling day filled with restocking shelves for the week ahead.

As Summer stepped out of the car, she braced herself for a tiring day ahead. Greeted by fellow workers and volunteers like Ms. Keke, Elizabeth, and Ms. Cristy, Summer was ready for the tasks at hand.

Assigned to stock the shelves and make them presentable, Summer spent the entire day working diligently. She tirelessly filled the shelves with canned goods, frozen food, snacks, and regular food, ensuring everything looked neat and organized.

After a busy day of stocking, Summer took a well-deserved break while her Minnie attended an employee-only meeting. The pantry buzzed with activity, but Summer found a moment to relax.

As the day wrapped up, Summer and her Minnie headed home. Exhausted but satisfied with a day of hard work, Summer looked forward to the simple joys of laying down and taking a refreshing shower.