Chapter 56: The Walk of Champions

The day of the Walk of Champions had finally arrived, and excitement filled the air as Summer and her sister Skye prepared to cheer for the event. After getting ready, they headed to school, eager for the festivities to begin.

As the announcements interrupted the morning routine, summoning the youth cheerleaders to Ms. Circle's office, Summer, Tia, and Kassidy made their way to join the others. After a brief mini-practice, they lined up for the walk, but Summer couldn't shake off her annoyance when Maia placed Tia and Kassidy in front of her.

Suppressing her frustration, Summer followed the procession to the front of the school, where they awaited the lineup of classes along the sidewalk. Observing the basketball teams ahead of them, Summer felt a surge of indignation until her attention was captured by the Southern University band, adding a touch of grandeur to the occasion.

The walk commenced, and Summer forced a smile, mindful of Ms. Circle's watchful gaze. Despite her irritation, she couldn't help but notice familiar faces among her classmates and her ever-buzzkill teacher, Ms. Gleason, attempting to maintain order.

Arriving at the field house a few minutes away, they listened to Mr. Dirster, the school director, express his pride in their achievements and his hopes for future success. With the formalities concluded, they made their way back to school, where the carnival awaited.

Upon returning, they surrendered their pom-poms and rejoined their classes, eagerly making their way to the carnival area. Finally free from Ms. Gleason's restrictions, they immersed themselves in the festivities, enjoying the food, music, and games.

As they were chatting and enjoying their snacks, Joseph, being his usual annoying self, approached them, disrupting the atmosphere and accidentally spilling Summer's treat. Irritated, Summer had to wait in a long line for a replacement, her mood soured by the unexpected interruption.

Despite the hiccup caused by Joseph, they managed to salvage the remainder of the event, creating lasting memories as they celebrated their school's achievements.

As the event wound down, signaling the start of spring break, Summer couldn't contain her joy, relishing the prospect of a week without Ms. Gleason's presence.

As she returned home, Summer let out a triumphant scream, bidding farewell to school for the week and embracing the freedom of spring break.