Chapter 35: Unwelcome Revelations

The day following Summer's encounter with Troy unfolded with a mix of annoyance and confusion. As she walked to class, Ms. Gleason seemed to have a never-ending list of favors for Summer, aggravating her more than usual.

During lunch, Ms. Gleason's penchant for lecturing delayed the class, leading to a longer wait before finally heading to recess. The fence, often used as a timeout spot, became an unexpected destination. Ms. Gleason called out names to leave, but noticeably skipped Summer's best friend, Kassidy. Concerned, Summer and her friends speculated and grew frustrated until Kassidy returned, revealing that Ms. Gleason had quietly asked her to fetch her phone.

Later that day, as the class celebrated Carsyn's birthday with cupcakes and ice cream, a surprising revelation came to light. Troy, in an unexpected confrontation with Ms. Gleason, mentioned that he knew about Summer's not-so-innocent behavior. Tia and Kassidy vehemently claimed their innocence, but Summer couldn't escape the spotlight.

As Summer went home, she pondered who might have revealed her actions to Troy. The unwelcome revelations added an extra layer of complexity to her day, leaving her with more questions than answers. The upcoming cheerleading game brought a mix of anticipation and concern, wondering how her newfound tensions might unfold on the sidelines.