Photos And Facts

And now here we are, the end of Broken Love. Again, just like the other stories, weapons, facts, maybe some extra thoughts if I have any to throw in there. Let's get right to it.

The butterfly knife or Balisong as used by the protagonist

The butterfly knife or Balisong as used by the protagonist. Without the gun being present, it likely would've had more use, leading us to our next weapon:

 Without the gun being present, it likely would've had more use, leading us to our next weapon:

The Glock pistol as received by Roland. Used much more in this story than in the original, however there were still some shots left over, more on that in a minute.

And that's it for images for this one. They remain the same as the original as the protagonist didn't obtain any new weapons like he did in the other storylines, Love and Hate. So now, onto the facts.

1. The cover as you can see is a stock image of a sorta flaming heart with Yuri in front of it. In case you happened to miss Yuri right away but I think she should be visible enough.

2. So he never switched out the gun as it had enough ammo for the entire story. He killed the drug dealers like he did in Devastation, but at that point in that story, he had run out of ammo, leading him to pick up one of their guns. In this one, he didn't have to. I took note of where the shots were taken:

Kyle: 1
Connor: 1
Warning shots: 2
Kyle's Members: 3
Three Dealers: 2
Cain: 4

This left the gun with 2 bullets left by the end of the story.

3. As far as deaths go, the protagonists action led to 13 deaths in this story according to my notes. I have them listed here:

Kyle
Connor
Kyle's seven members
Three drug dealers
Cain

4. So something that was mentioned in the comments was that the protagonist never gave Yuri a phone to contact him with, even though she had one in several chapters. I could go on and say maybe the protagonists brother got one for her or so, but it was just an oversight on my part.

5. As far as the ending, there's some images shown, some labeled under Monika and some labeled under the protagonists name. What these mean can be left up to interpretation, however there was a time where I planned on making "ending videos" for the stories. I have some of it in my notes, some just goes off the top of my head, but here's how it was supposed to go more or less.

This one was gonna show the protagonist sitting on the hood of his car, smoking a cigarette. He was gonna walk down the sidewalk, and you'd hear voices of what was supposed to be a potential happier time, perhaps quotes from the original Yuriality. He'd walk for a bit before returning back home, and then, with the camera out of view, you'd sorta hear some movement before hearing a click and a bang. I wasn't too sure about the camera placement but the idea was that you'd get to see the protagonist fall or maybe his arm as he was on the floor or so, giving the impression that he shot himself.

So I guess technically the "canon," or as someone mentioned for fan made canon stuff, "fanon" ending was that the protagonist kills himself at the end. It didn't show exactly what happens with Monika, but with the images shown, maybe it could be stated that she was killed by him also. I didn't really have anything particularly planned for that.

6. Due to the negative nature of this story and the protagonist showing disinterest in Yuri, some people were talking about the idea for a "Maegan Alternative." I think I mentioned this in the original Yuriality, but a lot of talk for it seemed to spark in the comments for this story.

And as for facts, I think that's it. As far as extra thoughts, I don't really have anything to add. This story was different from the original, of course. Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Thanks a bunch for reading, and I hope you all enjoyed the story and the extra bits.