The Mall With Yuri

I drove the three of us to the mall. I know Monika grabbed attention from Doki Doki fans since, well, she was Monika. But I was afraid of the kind of attention that Yuri might attract. Her hair was violet, which was unusual. Oh my god, everyone will be staring! And then the Doki Doki fans, what would they think of Yuri? And worst of all... the horny teenage boys!

Wait, do I count as one of those?

I hope not.

We headed inside the mall. I found myself constantly looking around, checking to see if anyone was staring. I did catch a few people, but I just stared them down until they looked away. After a while, Yuri and Maegan walked into a clothing store. It happened to be the same one that we went to when we bought clothes for Monika. I followed the two girls inside and handed Maegan my credit card. I told her to buy some clothes and shoes for Yuri, and that I'd be back in a bit. I knew Yuri liked to read, so I headed to the book store and bought her a book. Maybe then, she wouldn't be bored when I left her alone.

After purchasing the book, I headed back to the  clothing store. I found Maegan waiting outside the girls dressing room.

"Hey Maegan, did you find some clothes for Yuri?"

"Yup. She's trying them on right now." She saw the book in my hand. "Is that a book?"

"Yeah, it's for Yuri."

I suddenly realized that this was a good time for me to explain some things to Maegan.

"Oh also Maegan."

"Yes?"

I moved to her ear and whispered. "Don't mention Monika around Yuri. There's a lot of things between the two of them that are kind of hard to explain."

"Oh okay, I gotcha. Sorry about that."

"It's fine, just try not to mention her anymore."

We stopped whispering and waited for Yuri to come out of the dressing room. I was really interested to see what kind of clothes Maegan picked out for her.

After a couple of minutes, Yuri came out. She was wearing the same outfit that she had in the game. Along with some black converse.

I smiled at her. "Yuri! You look beautiful!"

She blushed. "Thank you. I picked this one out."

"Have you tried on the ones I picked," Maegan asked.

"Not yet. I'm going to do that right now."

She entered the dressing room again and called from inside.

"We're not in a rush, are we?"

"Nah, you're good," I said.

She soon came out with another outfit. She had a black T-shirt with a black long sleeve under it, along with some black skinny jeans and a red beanie.

"Hey it looks good on you! There should also be a black beanie in there if you want go for an all black look."

I liked the outfit that Maegan chose, and by the look on Yuri's face, I could tell she liked it too.

"I really like the red one a lot. But I'll take the black one too in case I change my mind."

"Trust me, you will. Black looks good on everybody. The red ones nice too."

"Thank you. I'm gonna go ahead and try on the last outfit."

Yuri went back inside and later came out in a new outfit. She had a black Metallica T-shirt with a black long sleeve underneath, and some leggings.

I looked at Maegan. "You got her Metallica T-shirt?"

"Yeah! Everyone loves Metallica!"

Yuri giggled and looked at T-shirt on herself. "I honestly don't know what Metallica is, but I do love the design of the shirt."

"You know, the beanies go well with that outfit too."

"I was actually thinking about that."

I smiled. "Either way, all the outfits look really good on you."

She smiled and blushed. "Thank you Danny."

"Hey also, I gotcha something." I handed her the book that I got form the book store.

She gently took the book from my hands and looked at it. "You got this for me?"

"Yeah! It's called 'We Were the Lucky Ones.' An old friend of mine used to read it. She seemed to really enjoy it, so I thought might also like it."

She smiled. "Thank you, Danny."

I smiled back at her. We then went to a cash register to make our purchases. As we were purchasing the clothes, Yuri noticed that the price ended up being over three hundred dollars. She told me that I could put some of the clothes back, but I insisted on buying them. I knew she liked them, and if I didn't buy the clothes for her, then who would?

After shopping, Maegan mentioned that she was feeling hungry.

"You guys want to go to the food court," I asked.

"Yeah," Maegan exclaimed.

"Sure," Yuri calmly said.

The three of us walked to the food court. It was pretty full, but we managed to find a table. I took Yuri around to find something to eat while Maegan headed to chick fil a. After looking around for a bit, Yuri and I decided that we'd just get chick fil a also. Unlike Monika, Yuri didn't seem to mind eating meat. We both ordered chicken sandwiches and headed to the table after we got our food. The three of us ate without saying a word. I wasn't really sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

After we finished eating, we headed back to my car. I drove Maegan home and thanked her for the help. She gave me a hug before going back inside, which was strange. I thought I recalled her telling me that she didn't really like hugs.

Stop overthinking, Danny!

After dropping off Maegan, I drove Yuri and I back to Keith's apartment.