But Why?

My finger lied on the trigger. I was ready to pull it. Ready to end his screams and his life.

But I couldn't.

Something inside me wouldn't let it happen. I started to feel something. I actually started to feel a lot of things.

I concealed my pistol and put my hand out.

"Come on, get up."

He moved away and picked himself off the ground.

"Y-You're not gonna shoot me?"

I sighed. "Don't overthink it. And you can't come back. If Cain sees you, he'll come after you. You need to leave the city."

"What? No, I can't."

"Brandon, you don't have a choice. If you stay here, you'll be killed within the next few days anyway."

"What about my gang?"

"I'm gonna tell them that you didn't make it."

"No... I'm gonna come back."

"Brandon, if you come back, I'm gonna have to find you again, and next time, I will kill you. Accept the chance you got now."

"Y-You wouldn't shoot me."

"Hey, I still can. Think before making any smart remarks like that."

I was physically capable of shooting Brandon, but I felt like my wouldn't let me do it. I can't really explain it, I just know that I couldn't go through with it.

He backed away a little. "Alright Danny. I'll leave the city."

"Good. Now I need your cell phone."

"What for?"

"You're gonna have to break contact with everyone you know. You're dead to them."

"You can't be serious...

"Just give me your damn cell phone!"

He took his cell phone out of his pocket. I took it from him and threw it on the ground before repeatedly stomping on it until it was completely crushed.

"My phone..."

"Alright Brandon, you can go now. But don't make any stupid decisions, alright? If you come back, I won't hesitate to kill you."

"I won't, I promise."

"Alright. Where you go doesn't matter. It just can't be here."

"Alright, I got it."

"Well then get going! I don't wanna see you anymore."

He got into his truck and I got into Cain's. When we left the off road trail, we headed in opposite directions. I probably should've followed him out of the city, but I trusted that he was smart enough to leave on his own. I drove back to the Blood Angel hangout and parked Cain's truck in front. I headed inside and met up with Cain, who was in his usual spot at the table.

"Danny, how'd it go?"

"I took him out, just like you wanted."

"Ah well done then." He looked at one of the members. "Tommy! Get me my suitcase."

"Alright well, I'll see you later then."

"Wait, your reward!"

"Reward?"

"Yeah! You killed Brandon, so I'm gonna pay you for it."

The member came back with the suit case. Cain opened it and gave me five hundred dollars.