Focus On Her

On the way home, I received a text from an unknown number. Once I was in my drive way, I took a look at it. It read,

"Hey. Roland may say you're off the hook, but I don't. Come by later on and we'll discuss what you need to do. -Brandon"

What an idiot. "Come by later." He can't seriously be asking me to do something for him, I already got rid of Kyle!

I headed inside. The living room was empty, so I went to my brothers room to check if he was there. Upon entering however, I saw Yuri. She was looking in a drawer. The drawer where I kept my knives.

"Yuri! What the fuck?"

She looked at me. I expected to see her cutting herself, but that wasn't the case at all. She looked a little surprised, and her cheeks were red, but that was it.

She looked away and played with her hair. "I'm sorry. I asked your brother about you and he told me that you like knives. And well, I like them too. So, uh..." she played with her hair more vigorously. "I decided to take a look."

"Oh well, you shouldn't touch other people's things without asking."

I didn't only keep my knives in there though. I had some broken cell phones, chargers, a BB pistol, hell I even had some condoms in there.

She had a look of disappointment. "I'm sorry."

"Whatever. Just let me know next time, alright?"

"Alright."

"But since you like knives... maybe I could show you them."

"I-I'd like that." She seemed hesitant.

I got all of my knives from the drawer and brought them to guest room. I lied them on the bed. I was about to take the butterfly knife out of my pocket, but I had to make sure I rinsed the blood off of it first. I also needed to let my siblings know about Kyle. They'd be happy to know that he was gone.

"Alright, I'll be right back. Let me just tell my siblings something."

"Okay."

I headed to my sisters room. As I did, I noticed Mike coming out of the restroom.

"Hey Mike, I got news for you and Sarah."

"Uh, okay."

We both entered Sarah's room, who was on her phone. I called her attention and had Mike sit on the bed with her.

"So what's up, Danny," Mike asked.

"Alright guys, I found the guy asshole who shot mom."

"You did? Let's call the police," my sister said.

"It's alright, we don't have to. He's dead!"

I pulled the bloody knife out of my pocket. My siblings looked at it in shock.

"W-What do you mean," Mike asked.

I laughed with excitement. "He's dead! Oh man, you guys should've seen it. I shot Kyle and beat Connor's face in with these!" I revealed the bloody brass knuckles from my pocket. "And I made the rest of his gang kill each other in a fight to the death!"

My sister looked a little uneasy. My brother looked disappointed.

"Danny, how could you do that," he anxiously asked.

"He shot our mom, Mike. He deserved it! Him and his gang."

"I know, but Danny, you gotta control yourself. I wouldn't ever think of you doing something like that."