My Plans

Honestly right now, I just wanted to head out.

I grabbed my keys and weapons before heading to my car. I didn't have a specific destination, but I wasn't gonna accomplish much just sitting at home.

I decided to head to Starbucks, only this time, I was gonna go to actually relax. Grab a coffee, observe the people around me, think about stuff, just things I regularly do.

Or I regularly did. Something tells me things are gonna be a little different this time.

When I got there, I concealed my weapons before heading inside. I grabbed a vanilla latte before sitting at an empty table. Just me, my phone, and my latte.

And my pistol. And my knife. And my hands... which could probably do a lot of damage on their own.

I quietly listened in on conversations while pretending to use my phone. I was hoping that someone might talk about something interesting, as Yuri wasn't much of a talker. Even if she was, I doubt she'd have anything interesting to say.

"Cheese is good with EVERYTHING," said a man sitting with a woman.

Bullshit.

"What about coffee?"

"Well... I'm sure there's some kind that goes with it." He pauses for a moment. "Ooh! Like that sweet one that's in cheesecake! Mix that with coffee and you're sure to create something delicious."

The woman giggled. "Alright you got that one. How about... ooh! What about water? There's no way you can mix cheese and water!"

"All foods have some water in them. So cheese and water go together like cheese in a burger."

I tuned out the rest of their conversation. What a stupid thing to talk about, cheese...

I just sat on my phone and researched stuff about cars, occasionally taking a sip of my latte. I was reading things on the Mercury Grand Marquis until I heard the sound of a chair moving. I looked up and was surprised to see Deanna.

"Hi," she gently said.

"What?

"Uh, can I sit here?"

"Whatever."

I found myself having trouble looking her in the eyes. Did I really end up being here at the same time she planned on coming? Or was life just trying to throw me off? Well whatever it was, I just knew that I was now sitting in front of my ex girlfriend. What a horrible situation to be in.

"How have you been," she asked.

Without even taking a glance, I answered.

"I've been fine."

"That's good."

There was a bit of silence. Maybe for about a minute before she asked another question.

"Where's your girlfriend?"

"She's at home."

"Why is that?"

"Just."

"Oh..."

There was more silence. This was already getting awkward, and we barely even said anything.

"She seems... nice," she said.

"Yeah, I guess."

I heard her phone ping. She took it out and took a look at it. I noticed her take a glance to her right before looking back at me. I saw a girl looking at us from another table. When we made eye contact, she immediately turned away. I felt like I recognized her, but I couldn't really figure out who she was at the moment.

"Is that your friend," I asked.

"Yeah. She told me to come talk to you."

"Oh well, if you're being forced to talk to me, then go with her. I'm gonna leave in a bit anyway."

Her facial expression changed immediately. "What? No, that's not what I meant... I uh, let's talk for a bit."

I put my phone away and stood up. "It's whatever really. I need to get home anyway."

"Please?"

She had a smile, but it was more of a sad smile. I didn't really Deanna, and I especially didn't like being around her since it brought up emotions that I didn't know how to deal with.

She really wasn't worth my time anyway. I could just leave, it wouldn't matter.

"No, Deanna. I gotta go. I'll see ya."

"Alright... bye Danny."

I headed out the Starbucks, soon realizing that I left my latte inside. It would be awkward to go back and get it though, so I just left it. I got into my car and drove back to Keith's apartment.

When I got there, I headed to Keith's room. Yuri was sleeping, but she was also breathing, so I knew she wasn't dead yet. I was a little bothered by the fact that she decided to sleep on the bed, but it's whatever. The bed in Keith's dads room was better anyway.

I headed downstairs and lied down in Keith's dads room. It truly was comforting.

I slowly felt the sleep grab me, taking me into the trance that I was used to feeling in the night. Even though it was barely three.