A Simple Hangout

I grabbed my keys and headed to my car. I texted Maegan again and asked her if she was ready. After receiving a message telling me that she was, I headed down the street to pick her up.

I got to her house and texted her. About a minute later, she came outside and got into the car.

"Hey Maegan."

"Hey Danny."

I started the drive. It was silent for about a minute until Maegan spoke.

"So how are you," she asked.

"Huh? Oh I've been alright. How about you?"

"I've been good. What have you been up to? Anything new?"

"Oh uh, not really."

She didn't need to know about the things I had done or what had been going on. I decided to keep that to myself.

"Really? Not even with Yuri?"

"Nope."

"Oh well... okay."

There was some more silence until I realized that I didn't really know where we were going.

"So uh... what exactly did you wanna do?"

"Well, what do you feel like doing?"

"I don't know... are you hungry?"

"Yeah I could eat."

I started to regret my decision of hanging out with Maegan. I had nothing against her, if anything, I actually liked being around her. I just didn't feel like being social right now...

Or ever.

I had to get through with this as soon as possible.

"I uh, kind of feel like eating chick fil a. What about you?"

"Yeah, chick fil a sounds good."

I drove us to chick fil a and went through the drive thru. It felt a little unusual, since I would normally take Maegan to a nice restaurant or something at this point. But I wanted to be quick, and the drive thru was one of the quicker ways of grabbing something to eat.

Or was it? I don't know, I may be thinking too much.

The drive thru felt like it was taking forever. The line was long, and I was forced to wait with Maegan in awkward silence.

Okay, not forced to. I chose not to say anything.

After we finally got the food from the window, I started heading back to our street.

"Are we going home already," Maegan asked.

"Well, uh, yeah."

"You don't wanna at least eat with me first?"

"Well..." I felt bad for trying to ditch Maegan right away. I mean, I guess I could sustain a couple of minutes. "Yeah sure, why not?"

I decided to stop in front of my house so that I could immediately drop her off after eating. When we got there, I got my food and started eating somewhat quickly. Maegan seemed to take notice.

"Danny, why are you eating so fast?"

"I got some stuff to do."

Maybe I should've at least swallowed my food before talking...

"Oh you do? I'm sorry... we could hang out at another time if you'd like."

I swallowed my food. "I'm sorry, I just don't have much time right now."

She put her food back in the bag. "It's alright, I can take the food home. I'll text you soon, okay?"

"Alright. Again, sorry. I just gotta get some stuff done."

"It's fine. Good luck with whatever you need to do, okay?" She opened the car door.

I started to feel somewhat bad...

"Wait, at least let me take you home."

She closed the door and adjusted her seating position. "Thanks."

I drove her back home. When we got there, I told her that she could try and text me another time and that I'd let her know if I was busy next time. She smiled and told me that it's cool and then we gave our farewells.

Now that I was passed that, I could go ahead and spend some more time by myself.