Taking The Risk

While thinking of the situation, I felt myself become aggravated. Or maybe a little jumpy, I'm not sure. All I knew was that I was ready to move, ready to take action. I wasn't sure if attacking the guy was the smartest thing to do, but I was gonna do it anyway. I watched for a bit, waiting for an opening to attack.

Nothing changed though. He was just constantly patting his weapon and staring at Cain, occasionally taking glances at me.

Maybe this was my opening. He was probably expecting Cain to do something.

I immediately took out my pistol and shot the guy who I knew was armed. The man with suitcase ducked while his other bodyguard aimed at me with a pistol. As I was about to react, I heard a loud bang. Kent had shot him for me.

The man with the money suddenly tried to run inside. I shot him after he took a couple of steps, causing him to fall as well as the suitcase.

"Danny! Why did you do that," Cain asked.

I chuckled. "Come on Cain, now we got the money and the drugs."

"Well I mean, sure... but I don't need the pot! They could've taken that and we would've-"

"Shut it, Cain! The business world is cruel, I'm sure you out of anyone should know that."

"Hey, you better respect your boss!"

"Yeah, or what?"

"Or..."

Kent aimed his pistol at me. "Or I'll take you out right here!"

Cain put his arm out towards Kent. "Kent, put the gun down."

"But he-"

"Put the gun down."

Kent listened and withdrew his aim. Cain looked at me with a calmer expression.

"Danny, we're friends. There's no need to get worked up, alright?"

I sighed. "Yeah, I guess not. Let's just head back to the hangout, alright?"

We headed to Cain's truck and headed back to the Blood Angel hangout. When we got there, Cain paid me four hundred dollars before I headed back home.

The house was quiet when I entered, but that wasn't unusual. I headed to the guest room and saw Yuri reading.

"Hey Yuri."

She looked up from her book and smiled. "Hey Danny."

"What have you been doing?"

"I've just been reading. How about you?"

"Just business things. It's not important."

She closed her book and smiled. "I'm curious. You've went out quite often these past couple of days."

"And? Does that matter?"

"Well, I uh, suppose not..."

"It doesn't. So I'll keep to myself while you do the same, alright? No need to be in each other's business."

She didn't respond. She just opened her book and continued to read.

I felt angry and aggressive, but I also felt a little bad. Maybe I was being a little too harsh.

I took a moment to calm down before looking at Yuri. I caught looking at me for a split second before she looked back at her book.

"Hey Yuri."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry. I know I got a little aggressive, and well, yeah. Sorry."

"I-It's fine."

I felt bad, but I also felt like an apology wasn't really due anywhere. An odd mix of feelings I guess.

She went back to reading and I just sat there in silence. All I heard was the pages of Yuri's book turning every couple of minutes.

Suddenly, the silence was broken by Yuri's voice.

"Hey Danny."

"What?"

"You seem to be thinking a lot... is there something on your mind?"

"Eh, I don't know. I sometimes just get lost in thought without even realizing it."

She gently placed her book next to her on the bed. "That also happens to me."

"Really now?"

"Mhmm, usually when I'm alone."

"Same here. I actually like to go to a certain secluded spot at the park to do my thinking."

"That sounds nice. Maybe... maybe we could go sometime?"

Now actually seemed like a good time. I needed to calm down... And the park seemed like the perfect place to go. I'm sure she'd enjoy it. I mean, I know —————— did.

"Well we can go now if you want. I ain't got much else to do."

"I'd like that."

I grabbed my keys and led Yuri to the car. The drive to the park was silent. The only thing that could be heard was the light A/C and the faint sound of the radio.

After a couple of minutes, we got to the park.