Unexpected Enjoyment

"Why shouldn't I," I asked him.

He continued to sob while he was on his knees. "I have so much life ahead She of me! You'd be an awful person if you decided to end it now!"

I started to feel bad. Killing him now would put a permanent halt on his life. I needed to remind myself of why I was here, what exactly I was doing here.

"You shot my mom Kyle, and it may have put an end to her life, so why shouldn't I put an end to yours?"

"I-"

I kicked him. "Shut up! I don't want to hear it."

I was ready to pull the trigger. I waited for a sign. Something to tell me whether he should live or die.

My mind suddenly filled with memories and thoughts. The fight between his gang and my friends. The time he tried flirting with Monika. It even created its own image of what happened when shot my mom. All I wanted to do was kill him.

I wasn't gonna let this fucker get away.

"Goodbye, Kyle."

I pulled the trigger and a loud bang followed. He fell to the ground with a hole in his head, bleeding. I smiled with the thought of knowing that he wouldn't be troubling me anymore.

The smile soon turned into laughter. I watched as his blood slowly spread through the rooftop of the building.

After taking some time to enjoy the moment, I headed back downstairs and saw Connor on the floor, still grabbing his bleeding leg. Even though he was immobilized, I still felt like I wasn't done with him yet. I put my pistol away and put on the brass knuckles.

"Hey Connor!"

"Wha-What are you doing?"

I slowly approached him. As I did, he started to look scared.

"Please don't, I'll give you anything. Just leave me alone."

As soon as I was close to him, I felt something.

I chuckled as I felt a sensation of bloodlust.

"I'll give you a chance to make a bargain. What do you have?"

"I uh..."

I laughed. "You got nothing! You're worthless!"

"Wait, please I'll think of something."

"I'm sorry, but I've made up my mind."

He made a pathetic attempt at stopping me by punching me in the leg. He was too weak to do anything more than what felt like a light tap. I kneeled next to him and got ready to attack.

He slowly stuck his arm out and whispered, "please..."

I raised my right hand over him and mashed it down on his head. I did the same with the left. I continued to alternative between both until his face was unrecognizable. There was no way he was gonna recover from that.

I headed to the stairs across the room that led to the first floor. The blood was still there, but the guy I stabbed was sitting with the others. They all looked at me as soon as I came down.

"What do you want," one of the non-wounded guys asked.

"I've come back for all of you."

"What do you mean," asked one of the others.

"Kyle's dead. Connor's dead." I put the bloody knuckles in my pocket and drew my pistol. "So you're all next. Who wants to go first."

They all immediately tried to scatter, so I gave another warning shot. Everyone froze and looked at me afterwards.

"I'll kill the next person who moves. So just stay in place, and we'll see who lasts the longest."

One of guys broke awake from the group. "Please don't do this, we'll-"

I shot him. "There's one."

The guy fell to the floor and held his hand over his stomach. As I approached him, one of the other members did so as well. I shot him.

"Two."

I took out my balisong and stabbed the first guy with it until he stopped breathing and struggling. I went to the second guy to do the same, but the bullet already killed him.

I stood up and looked at all the other members.

"I'm not gonna kill any of you."

There were many sighs of relief and even some tears. I chuckled at the sounds.

"No no, that would be a waste of bullets."

I stepped away from the group and took out the knife that I took away from one of the members. I tossed it to them, and they just watched as it hit the ground.

"Instead, you're all going to kill each other. And uh, I'd watch out for whoever has the knife. Anyone who tries to escape will get shot. I'll let the last person standing walk away freely."

One of the members looked at me with a scared expression. "You're not really gonna-"

As he was talking, one of the other members picked up the knife and stabbed him. In response, everyone started screaming and fighting each other like they were fighting for their lives.

Oh wait, they were.

I watched and laughed as the knife kept getting taken by different members. It was amazing what people would to survive. Many resorted to throwing the other members in the way as a use of defense. Many resorted to using their teeth when they didn't have the knife.

One of the members had the knife and took advantage of the fact that the female had long hair. He pulled her head back slit her throat.

Soon after, there were four on the floor, with only one standing. He stared at me with the knife in his hand. After a couple of seconds, he looked around and broke down into tears.

He dropped the knife and got on his knees. "How could I have done this," he asked him.

I slowly approached him and kicked the knife away from him. "Relax. You won. You get to leave."

He looked at me and then took a deep breath. "I-I get to go?"

"That's what I said, right?"

He slowly got up and looked at me with fear in his eyes. He stared at me for so long, it made me uncomfortable.

"Well get out of here! Don't try anything stupid."

He started panting. He nodded and ran towards the door. As he was about to exit, I pointed the gun and him and pulled the trigger. He fell to the floor and started crying.

"Why... why?!"

I slowly approached him and looked at him. "Did you really think I was just gonna let you go?" I chuckled. "You can thank Kyle for this. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have come here."

I took my knife out and stabbed him in the neck until he stopped his attempts at screaming. I kicked his body aside and headed out the door.

I left to my car and called Roland to let him know how it went.

"Hey Roland."

"Yeah, wassup Danny?"

"Kyle's gang is dead, they won't be bothering anyone anymore.

"All of them? Damn man... Thas-"

I hung up the phone. I drove back to my house to tell my siblings that the person who shot our mom was in hell where he belonged.