Why Are You Doing This?

I woke up feeling very uncomfortable. It felt as though I was... lying on the floor? What?

I immediately got up and looked around. I was in the middle of my school. It was lit up like it was still active, but no one was there. It was completely silent. I suddenly heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Monika approaching me with a smile.

"Monika?"

"Hey Danny. Did you miss me?"

I felt happy upon seeing her. I approached her and hugged her.

"Yes, I did."

"I missed you too. And well, I wanted to show you something. Follow me."

I followed her as she went into the band hall. From there we started heading towards the music room. I could hear the piano playing as we approached.

"Where are we going," I asked.

"You'll see."

When we got to the music room, Monika slowly opened the door, revealing the other side. I saw us her and I at the piano. This must've been when she taught me how to play part of "Your Reality."

"You remember this," she asked.

"Yeah, I remember. Huh, it feels like I'm actually reliving it."

"You want to?"

"What? Can we do that?"

"Yeah. As long as you remember."

She held my hand and I followed her to the piano. As we approached, the memory versions of ourselves slowly disappeared. We took their places and sat at the piano.

"Do you remember how it goes," I asked.

She nodded as she played the first part while she sang along.

"Every day, I imagine a future where I can be with you." She smiled at me after she finished.

"Do you remember how to start," she asked.

"Uhh... let me see."

I knew it started with three G keys in the fourth octave, so I started pressing around to try and find it. After I pressed about three keys, Monika moved my hand to where it needed to be.

"Ah, thanks."

She smiled at me. "Mhmm."

I started trying to play it. After a couple of tries I got through the first part

She smiled. "You got it!"

"I mean, I guess. Even if I learned how to play it though, I could never sing as nice as you."

"Have you tried it?"

"Well..."

Yes. I have. On many occasions actually... I just don't have a singing voice.

"Yeah. A couple of times actually."

No, no, not a couple of times. Tons.

"I'm sure you sound great! How about I play and you sing?"

"I... I don't know."

"Come on. I'll sing with you too."

"Ah, alright."

She started the song. When it got ready for us to sing, I let my voice flow along with hers.

Every day, I imagine a future where I can be with you

In my hand is a pen that will write a poem of me and you

The ink flows down into a dark puddle

Just move your hand - write the way into his heart!

But in this world of infinite choices

What will it take just to find that special day?

At this point, I started to feel uncomfortable with my voice. I hated it. Sure we sounded alright, but my voice was ruining it.

Have I found everybo-

I interrupted. "Monika, I don't feel comfortable singing. Sorry, I just don't feel up to it."

"Don't feel uncomfortable, Danny. We sound great!"

"You sound great. You can continue if you want, I'll just listen."

She gave me a sad smile and removed her hands from the piano. "It's fine."

"I'm sorry..."

Her smile perked up a bit. "It's alright." She hugged me. "I love Danny, you know that, right?"

"Of course, Monika. I love you too."

She let go of me and smiled at me before throwing herself onto me again. "You wouldn't put anyone between us would you?"

"Of course not!"

"If we had he chance to be together again, would you take it?"

I hugged her tighter and nodded. "Definitely. I wouldn't wanna be with anyone else."

She looked at me and smiled "Thank you."

I hugged her again. I slowly felt myself gaining a grip on reality. It was like this world of a memory was disappearing. I was being taken back to a horrible place.

A place without Monika.

Authors notes: I'm sorry the update took some time. I was busy, but I'll try to update daily or at least every other day.