Mission Of The Night

I sat up on the couch and thought about what exactly I needed to do. The only thing that came to mind was the message for Brandon.

Of course, I didn't plan on helping him out for free. I didn't really plan on helping him out at all... but maybe I could get something out of it.

I headed to Mike's room to get my butterfly knife and then I headed to the car. Before heading out, I also patted my waist to make sure I had the pistol, which I did. The drive to the gang hangout took longer than I'd prefer. The pay had better be worth it.

I arrived at the house and knocked on the door. Brandon answered it almost immediately.

"Took you long enough. I messaged you hours ago."

"Well, I didn't really plan on coming here. Were you waiting for me?"

"Of course." He exited the house and closed the door behind him. "Now listen, I need some help with a rival gang."

"You guys already have another gang after you?"

"Not them, just me. They call themselves the Blood Angels, and I really need help dealing with them. I would've went myself, but you took the pistol."

"Well I hope you're not trying to ask for it back..."

"Nah man, you keep it. I just need you to help me out."

"Alright, but first things first. How much am I getting paid?"

"What? You already have the pistol!"

"Yeah, and I'll count that as payment for taking care of Kyle. I want to know how much you're willing to pay for whatever you want me to do right now.

He sighed. "Alright, we'll discuss payment later, okay? Let me tell you what I need you do."

I scoffed. "Fine. What do you need?"

"Okay, so I already told you about the Blood Angels. And well, you actually know one of the members. Remember Cain?"

Oh my god, of course Cain was gonna be a part of this.

I sighed. "Yeah, I remember."

"Good. Then maybe you won't have to fight them. Try to reason with him and get him to leave me alone."

"Well I mean, I could try, but reasoning isn't something I'm really good at. I feel like actions speak louder than words, wouldn't you agree?"

"What are you saying?"

"I'll take care of this problem for you, but I can't guarantee their safety."

"I uh... I don't-"

"I'll kill them for you, Brandon. I just expect some good pay after the job is done."

"I mean, if that's what you'd prefer... then go ahead."

"Alright, we're settled then. Of course, I think it's best that he doesn't see us together. He'll probably be alarmed and try to attack first. I'll follow you in my car and when you stop, I'll park behind you and you drive away. That way, it'll only be me going in. Then, I'll go in and take out Cain and hopefully, his gang."

"Alright, uh, let's go then."

I got into my car and Brandon got into his truck. I followed his truck for a bit until he parked in front of a building. As soon as I parked behind him, he drove off. I looked at the building and noticed that there were a lot of people hanging around it. Some looked to be in their mid twenties. What could Cain be doing with people like this?

I got out of my car and casually approached the building. As I did, one of the members approached me.

"Aye, holmes, whatcha doing?"