Monika?

I woke up later on in my car. For some reason I was sitting in the drivers seat with my head against the head rest. After adjusting to the bright sun shining through my windows, I looked around. I was at the park. And well, Yuri was no longer with me.

Just Monika.

She was subtly smiling at me as I looked at her in shock. What was she doing here? I hadn't seen her since she got taken back into the computer.

"Monika?"

"Hey Danny."

"W-What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to show you some things. Come on, let's go to the pond."

She got out of the car. I did so as well and followed her. The park was empty, it was like no one was here. When we reached the pond, I started heading for the trees to go to the secluded spot, but Monika stopped me.

"Wait, there are people there already."

"What? Who else would hang out there?"

She pointed through part of the trees. I looked through where she was pointing and saw two people.

It was Monika and I.

"What the hell... that's us!"

"Well, it's a memory of us. That wasn't déjà Danny. We came here when I was with you, remember?"

All the memories stared flowing back. I did remember this.

"Yeah, I think I remember. But wait, wasn't this also the time when-"

Monika suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the trees. After she did, the uh, other me, came running through while holding Monika in his arms. It seemed that they didn't even notice us, even though we were pretty much right next to them.

"I remember that. You couldn't feel anything anymore, and I freaked out, so I took you home."

"Yes! You do remember." She looked past me. "It looks like more people are coming."

I turned around and saw what Monika was looking at. It was Yuri and I. It looked like Yuri was crying while I was having the time of my life.

"Is that supposed to be from today?"

"Yup."

"But Yuri wasn't crying..."

"Maybe not physically, but there were tears coming from somewhere." She sighed. "But look at you. It seemed like you were so happy with her that you even started to forget about me..."

"Wait what? Was is this, some sort of guilt trip?

A tear fell from her eye. I felt like hugging her, but I stood my ground.

"Are you trying to guilt me into wanting you back? 'Cause maybe you don't remember, but you ain't here anymore!"

She gave me a sad smile. "You're right Danny, I'm not around anymore." She started to tear up some more. "You'll forget about me, and I'll be nothing more than a memory."

"Hey come on, don't cry over something that can't be fixed, alright?"

I started to feel a little emotional. Seeing Monika cry was really hurting me.

I approached her and slowly hugged her. "You may not be around anymore, but I will always remember you." I looked into her eyes. "And I'll always remember looking into your beautiful emerald eyes.

She sniffled and smiled. I turned to the bench again and saw that Yuri and I had disappeared.

"Come on, let's go sit at the bench," I said.

I led her through the trees and sat with her. She leaned her head on me and looked at the pond.

"I remember when we came here together. I'd love to relive this moment with you Danny."

"I would too."

"Do you think we'll ever get the chance to be together again?"

In full honesty, no.

"Maybe. We'll have to see what happens.

She wiped her eyes and looked at me. "Danny, I want you to know that no matter what happens, I'll always love you." Her eyes started to water again. "I want you to be happy, even if it's not with me. If we don't end up together in the future, then I hope you're happy with whoever you're with."

"I already said, I ain't gonna forget about you, Monika. I can't guarantee that we'll see each other again, but I'll always remember you."

She sniffled. "I love you, Danny."

"I love you too, Monika."

It felt odd saying that.

After looking at the water for a bit, I looked into Monika's eyes. They quickly started graying, and Monika slowly faded away into little pieces. I heard my name gently being called out.

"Danny..."

I waited. Again, I heard my name being called.

"Danny."

"Monika?"

"What? No, it's me, Yuri."