The Truth

If memory served me right, then I knew that Yuri would be leaving soon, which didn't really matter to me. Yuri and I weren't really that close.

I mean, it's not that I don't like Yuri. It's just uh...

Anyway, Yuri would be leaving soon. And uh, as her "boyfriend," I should really be trying to at least make her happy. I may have not felt the same way as I did when I first met her... in fact I actually felt quite the opposite.

But still! I could at least try and make these last few days for her somewhat decent. I mean these last few days, I realized I had a lot of hatred, but I ain't heartless!

Sure I may not really enjoy Yuri's company that much, but now that I had less things to stress over, maybe I could at least try to be somewhat nice. Even if she did get annoying at times...

I mean, I guess she is uh... sweet.

I sat up on the bed and hugged her. It felt awkward. She put her phone down and slowly hugged me back.

Ugh, this is weird.

I let her go and moved her arms off of me. She seemed surprised at movements. And then came disappointment. I could see it in her eyes.

"Sorry... I just don't like hugs, I guess."

"I-It's fine."

She unlocked her phone and started to use it again. I simply lied back down and turned away from Yuri. Trying to keep her happy was easier said than done. It was like I was trying to please some random stranger.

Except I had some sort of dislike for the stranger.

Whatever. It doesn't matter anyway. She'll be gone soon, and I'll just be alone again, like it should be.

I adjusted myself and slowly fell asleep.

I later woke up to a strange noise, although I immediately recognized it. Yuri was breathing heavily and holding her hand on her chest. What was going on wasn't very surprising to me, as I already experienced this.

I was a little surprised to see her in this state, though. After this, she'd be alive for a couple more days before being taken back into the computer.

Ah... just like Monika.

It didn't matter how hard I tried to forget. I couldn't. I couldn't forget about my Monika.

I sat up and looked at Yuri as she struggled.

"Hey. Uh... hang in there, or something. It'll go away."

"What's happening to me?"

"I'm not really sure, but Monika experienced the same thing. So like... yeah."

She continued to breath harshly. I expected to feel somewhat shocked or something, but I didn't feel anything. I just watched as she struggled through the pain. I mean, there wasn't really much else I could do, even if I wanted to.

After a couple of minutes, her breathing slowed. She started to calm down.

"It went away," I asked.

"Yes, I think so."

"That's good. Now uh... try to keep it down, alright? I'm gonna go to sleep."

She started to gently rub her chest. "Alright..."

I lied down, but Yuri continued to sit up. I guess she was still a little confused as to what happened. Not my problem though. I adjusted myself into a more comfortable position and went to bed.