Settling

The silence was making me uncomfortable. It was nice to have her smiling at me, but it was just her after all.

"So uh... again, just don't worry about her."

"I'll try my best."

I slowly opened her arms for a hug. Of course, I didn't decline since well, that would be rude and just make her feel odd and insecure. She probably just to confirm that she was the only one for me, and that no one else would get in between us.

Not even ——————.

As we hugged, I noticed Yuri started breathing heavily. I moved her head to look at her and saw tears in her eyes.

Come on Yuri, get over it.

"Why are you crying?"

"I just, I just feel unsure."

I sighed. "I already said that you didn't need to worry about her anymore. She's a thing of the past. Don't stress, alright? It's throwing me off."

"I'm sorry..."

"Yuri, you don't need to apologize. I get it, Monika seems like the perfect girl and what not, but she ain't around anymore. I'm stuck with you whether I like it or not."

Her facial expression changed as I finished my last sentence. I guess that last part threw her off.

"But uh... I do like it. I'm just saying, even if I didn't, I'd still be stuck with you."

She just threw herself onto my shoulder and continued to cry. I'm not sure if that helped or not, but I didn't really worry too much about it. She'd probably get over it later.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I wanted to check it, but I was in an awkward position with the way Yuri was hugging me, so I decided to wait.

After a couple of minutes, she started to calm down. She looked at me, her purple eyes shining.

"So uh... are you feeling better?"

She let go of me and nodded while she wiped her eyes. "Yes," she said with a sniffle.

"Alright well, I'm gonna go watch TV or something. I'll see you later."

"Wait, Danny."

"Yeah?"

"You know I love you, right?"

I mean, I guess if you can call what we have "Love."

"What? Yeah, of course. Why?"

"I just want to make sure..."

"Well I haven't forgotten, so don't worry about it."

She just smiled. I headed to the living room to check why my phone had vibrated earlier.

It was a text from an unknown number, telling me that "we need to talk." I texted back asking them who they were.

In less than a minute, they messaged me again telling me that their name was Jared and that they were part of the Blood Angels.

"Okay. Well, what do you want?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"What about?"

"I'll tell you when we meet."

"No, tell me right now. What do you need?"

"I think it's best I tell you in person."

"Fine. When do you wanna meet up?"

"Sometime tomorrow if possible. Text me then, okay?"

"Sure."