Jared

I woke up around eleven.

That's it. Nothing really significant.

I got my phone and texted Jared, since today was the day that he wanted to meet up. He didn't respond right away, so I put my phone in my pocket and went to the kitchen to get some cereal.

As I was eating, I felt my phone vibrate. I checked it and saw Jared's message, telling me to meet him sometime today. He also sent an address, which I assumed was where he wanted me to meet him up.

I finished my cereal and grabbed my weapons from the guest room dresser. Yuri was still asleep, so I didn't need to worry about anyone bothering me.

I was still a little skeptical about meeting Jared. I had no idea who he was. I only knew that he was part of the Blood Angels. Well, that's if he was telling the truth. I didn't trust him though, so I had to make sure I was armed. After grabbing my stuff, I headed to my car and looked at the address. Surprisingly, it wasn't very far from where I lived. I expected it to be in the south, somewhat near the Blood Angels.

I drove to the address and got there in a couple of minutes. The address led me to a small, but nice home. I parked in front and knocked on the door. A man, who I would guess was in their late twenties, answered the door.

"Jared?"

"Yes. You're the new guy?"

"Yeah."

"Perfect. Come in."

I followed Jared inside. As I entered, I saw an elderly woman sitting on the couch in front of the TV.

"This is Patricia, my mom."

Patricia put out her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

I just waved. "You too."

Jared led me to the dining table. I sat across from him.

"As you can see, I live here with my mom."

"A little too old for that, no?"

He chuckled. "It doesn't matter how old I am, I still love my mom. I could move out of here anytime I feel like it, but do you know why I haven't?"

"No... but I guess you could tell me."

"I haven't left because I care for my mom and I wanna protect her." He leaned on the table and gave me a serious look. "Do you care about your mom?"

"Well I mean, yeah."

"Then why are you working for Cain?"

"I'm working for him to make money. What does Cain have to do with my mom?"

He sighed. "So you don't know?"

"Know what?"

"Look... I don't think Cain would want me to tell you, but I'm going to anyway since I think every child should respect their mothers."

"Okay... but what does Cain have to do with my mom and respect?"

He took a deep breath and looked me straight in the eye. "I know your mother was shot. According to what you're telling me now, it seems like you don't know who did it. Well I'm here to tell you now, that it was Cain."

"You ain't fucking with me?"

"I'm serious. He told me about it when you joined the Blood Angels."

"Huh. I guess he's more of an asshole than I thought. But wait, why are you telling me this?"

"Because no man should be working for their mothers killers." He looked at his mom in the living room. "If anyone ever hurt my mom, I'd hunt them down. I wouldn't rest until they were dead."

"Well I mean, I guess I'd do the same. I actually went and killed a whole gang 'cause I thought the leader was the one who shot my mom. I'm surprised to hear that it was actually Cain."

He got up and patted me on the back. "Well you did what you thought was necessary." He headed towards the kitchen. "Hold on."

I just looked down at the table and relived Kyle's death in my head. I was having mixed feelings while thinking about it. Part of me enjoyed it while part of me despised it.

Jared soon came back with what looked like a slice a of pie. He placed the pie in front of me and put a fork next to it.

"What's this," I asked.

"It's peach pie." He sat next on the chair next to me. "When I was younger, my mom would make this for me when I was feeling down. It would always make me feel better."

I took the fork and picked up a small piece of the pie. I slowly put the piece in my mouth. I wasn't really a fan of peaches, but the pie was alright.

"So what's your name," Jared asked.

I finished eating the piece before speaking. "Why?"

"Just trying to make conversation."

"I'm Danny."

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

"So I'm guessing you're still in high school?"

"Yup."

"Ah that's good. Make sure you finish it."

"Mhmm." I ate another piece of pie. Jared just looked at the table and patiently waited for me to finish eating the piece. After I did, he looked at me and spoke again.

"How's your family?"

"My moms still in the hospital. My siblings and girlfriend are just resting at home."

"How's your girlfriend?"

"She's fine, I guess."

"You guess?"

"Mhmm."

"Why is that?"

I ignored his question and ate another piece of pie. After I was done, I stuck my fork in the middle of the pie and looked at it.

"Why are you being so nice to me," I asked. "We're nothing more than members of the same gang, there's no reason for you to be inviting me into your home and feeding me pie and asking me about my family."

"Well... I have no reason not to be. I'm taking my chances and guessing that you're a good kid, even if you have hurt a few people. You're one of the younger members in the gang and well, I don't want you to have horrible memories of your childhood when you get older."

"Well thanks, I guess. But Cain's pretty young too, don't you wanna protect him also?"

"I used to, until he told me about what he did to your mom. That was a cruel thing to do, and I really wouldn't forgive someone for doing something like that." He patted me on the back. "I want you to have a happy life while you're still young. If you start off as a bitter child, you'll grow up to be a bitter man."

"Ah well, I think it may be too late for that. Right now, I just wanna take out Cain... I guess you can consider me bitter already."

"Look, killing isn't a good thing, but if you think it'll make you feel better, then I'll you take him out. Go to the gang hangout at five, I'll try to make sure there aren't too many members hanging around."

"Alright, I'll be there."

"Okay. Meet me outside the yard. We'll discuss what we'll do there."

I nodded in agreement and continued to eat my pie while Jared sat with his mom in the living room. After I finished, I left the plate on the table and gave my farewells to Jared before I headed back to my car. I drove home and thought about what I was gonna do later on today. I felt somewhat excited about it. I didn't really like Cain all the much, so removing him from my life would have its benefits.