Meet Yuri

I woke up to my phones alarm at 9:30. Normally, my family would be getting ready for church. Everyone would be tired, but we'd also be happy. I wasn't really the religious type, but thinking back to it now, I wish I would've taken the time appreciate the times we went to church. It was one of the times we actually went out as a family.

I went to my brothers room to get some clothes so that I could take a shower. I let Yuri and my siblings sleep so that I could shower in peace.

After my shower, I headed back to the room with Yuri. She was still asleep, so I woke her up so that she could get ready.

"Hey Yuri, it's time to get up."

She moved a little and let out a small "Hmm."

"Yuri come on, we gotta get up."

She rubbed her eyes and stretched before slowly sitting up.

"We're gonna to the hospital in a bit. You can go ahead and take a shower if you'd like."

"Okay."

She got the bag with her stuff and I showed her where the restroom was. I also showed her where she could put her stuff.

"Okay, so towels are in here. And you could put your stuff in this space here. Go ahead and choose what you're gonna wear, and I'll put the rest of your clothes in a drawer in the guest room."

She looked through the back and picked the outfit she wore in the game along with a black long sleeve to wear underneath. I took her leftover clothes from her.

"Okay, when you're done showering, I'll go ahead and wash your old clothes, for you."

"It's fine Danny, I can do that."

"It's alright, I got it. Just come to the room when you're done."

She smiled and thanked me. I smiled back and headed to the guest room to put her clothes away. I put them in an empty drawer and put sat on the bed to wait for Yuri.

After a while, Yuri came back with her new outfit.

"Hey Yuri, you ready?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll go ahead and wake up my siblings then."

I headed to the living room and woke up my brother and sister.

"Hey you two, wake up. We gotta go check if mom's alright."

They both stretched and got up from the couch.

"Alright, one if you in this restroom and the other in mom's restroom."

Even though Mike was the oldest, I'd often try to take charge of things. My sister would sometimes even refer to me as bossy.

My siblings headed to their rooms and into the restrooms. I headed back to the room with Yuri, who was sitting on the bed. It looked like she was thinking of something.

"Hey Yuri, is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine. I was just thinking about-"

Mike suddenly walked through the door.

"Hey Danny who's clothes are these?" He caught sight of Yuri. "Oh you must be Danny's girlfriend."

Yuri blushed and started playing with her hair. "Is that what he called me?"

"Mike!"

"Relax Danny, I'm just teasing. Anyway, who's clothes are these?"

I looked at the clothes. "Oh I think these are Yuri's"