This Is It

After a couple of seconds, the application loaded and showed Monika smiling at me from the space room. It was a refreshing sight.

No words loaded though. I just watched as Monika stared at me. I know it didn't freeze either, since the music was playing and the space background was moving. I clicked around, trying to somehow or trigger or activate something.

After many clicks, the screen suddenly started to distort. The same familiar distortion I had seen before.

Was it really happening? Was the computer really bringing her back?

I took a step away from the computer and watched it. It emitted a loud static noise. It used to freak me out before, but I was way too excited to be freaked out by anything.

I then saw it. A hand came through the computer screen. I immediately ran to grab it and help her out of the computer. After a bit of struggling, I saw her familiar white bow. I continued to pull her out of the computer until she was fully released from it. As soon as she came out, I held her and made sure she didn't fall onto the floor, again. I then lied her on the bed. She slowly turned to me and looked at me with a look of surprise and exhaustion.

"Danny?"

My heart burst with emotion as I heard her say my name. I immediately hugged her with joy.

"Monika, you're back!"

She slowly hugged me. "I am..."

I sat down next to her smiled at her. I explained what had happened with the computer and the images that I had seen in my dreams. I had expected her to be somewhat confused, but it seemed like she understood me completely, even though explaining things wasn't really my strongpoint.

"And well, now you're here. I just followed my heart I guess."

"I missed you, Danny."

"I missed you too, Monika. Man... My mind is so overwhelmed, and I really need to get some things off my chest."

She smiled at me. "Go ahead."

I told her all about the things I went through, starting with when she came here.

I told her about Kyle and his gang.

I told her about the Blood Angels.

I told her about Brandon.

I even told her about Cain.

But, I didn't tell her about Yuri. She didn't need to know. I made sure I never mentioned her.

She didn't really seem surprised by any of it, which in itself was surprising to me. Instead she just nodded in what seemed like confirmation.

After I was done telling her about all the things that happened, I wrapped it up and told her how I felt.

"Honestly, I could give a fuck about what I did to any of them. They had it coming. I'm just glad to have you by my side now."

Even though she wasn't surprised by my story, she was still surprised by my response. I mean, I guess I did have some changes over the course of this week.

Still, she hugged me. "I am too. And well, I don't think you're a bad person Danny, let's make that clear. I'm sure you had your reasons for what you did."

I just chuckled and hugged her back. Suddenly, I heard something from downstairs.

I let go of Monika and looked towards the door. "Did you hear that?"

She nodded. I lightly patted my pocket to make sure my knife was there. My pistol was still in my glovebox, so I didn't have it ready. My knife should do just fine, though. Better even.

"I'll be right back."

I headed out the door and looked down from upstairs. I heard voices and instantly recognized them.

"Keith."

"Danny?"

I headed downstairs and greeted. "Wow, you pretty much missed everything. Right now I gotta tell you about it."

"Haha alright, but give me a couple of minutes. I'm gonna help my dad take some stuff out of the truck. Go ahead and wait for me upstairs."

"Alright, I'll see you in a bit."

I headed upstairs and sat on the bed with Monika while I waited for Keith. After couple of minutes, he came back and greeted us both, but he was surprised to see Monika. I subtly gestures him to keep his mouth shut, since I didn't want him to mention Yuri. He seemed to get the message.

I then went on to tell him how I was messing with the computer and somehow brought Monika back. I didn't tell him about anything that happened before I came to his apartment though, since I didn't want anyone to ask any questions. After I finished telling him about what happened, he didn't really have much to say.

"So you're back together?"

"Yup." I smiled at Monika.

"That's good buddy."

"Yeah." I yawned and stretched. "Shit, I feel pretty tired, though."

"You can go ahead and take a nap here if you'd like."

"It's fine. I think me and Monika are gonna head home. It's been quite some time since Monika has been in my home."

"Alright well, you're always welcome here."

"Thanks. I'll see ya later."

I grabbed my keys. After Monika and I gave our farewells to Keith, we headed to my car and then back home.

When I got there, I entered and saw my siblings watching TV in the living room. They glanced at me as I entered, but they didn't say anything. I could tell they were a little surprised at seeing Monika, but I'm sure they knew that I'd be bothered by questions.

I led Monika to the guest room and headed to be with her.

"Were those your siblings," she asked.

I got comfortable on the bed. "Yeah. You can meet them tomorrow though, just go to bed for now."

"Oh, I'm sure that'll be nice."

"Yeah. Goodnight Monika."

"Goodnight Danny."