Saturday Night

I soon woke up. The sun was no longer shining and the sky was dark, only being lit by the moon. I checked my phone and saw that it was eleven o'clock. I slept quite a bit.

Yuri was asleep on the couch. I was pretty sure she had slept all day. She should be awake already. I have reasons to be sleeping through the day. I actually do things. She just sits at home, reading and using her cellphone.

I decided to wake her up. I approached Yuri and shook her. It took a little while, but she finally opened her eyes. I guess she was scared awake, since her eyes widened as soon as she caught a glimpse of me.

"Yuri, you can't be sleeping all day. You need to get up."

"All day? What time is it?"

"Eleven. Now get up."

"I-I slept all day..."

"I know. I just said that. Now get up, come on!"

She quickly sat up, but put her hand on her head as she did.

"Danny, I still feel drowsy..."

"What? Come on! You've been sleeping all day! You should be filled with energy!"

I knew she wasn't going to be, but I wasn't just gonna give that away just yet. She'd probably end up overreacting.

"I know... but I feel like I haven't slept at all."

"It's probably cause you over slept." I pointed to the restroom. "Now stop whining and go splash some water on your face or something. Wake yourself up."

She headed into the restroom, leaving the door open behind her. I heard the sink running, but I didn't hear much splashing. I went into the restroom and saw Yuri carefully rubbing her eyes with little bits of water on her hands. Obviously, that was ineffective. That wouldn't help her at all.

"What are you doing," I sternly asked.

"I'm trying to wake myself up..."

"Well you're doing it wrong." I cupped my hand under the water. As soon as I was gonna splash it on her, she flinched and covered herself.

"What the hell? What are you doing? It's just water, what are you afraid of?"

She turned away and looked somewhat... disappointed? I don't know what kind of expression she was making.

"I'm not afraid of the water Danny. I'm afraid of... well, you. You've changed a lot since we first met, and I tried not to the think too much about it, but earlier today... it was horrible."

She stood confidently, but she spoke reasonably. Good for her. She's learned her lesson.

"Yeah, I understand I changed a little. So what?"

"So..."

"So nothing! Look, this whole night was pointless. Just get to bed. We'll get up in the morning."

She headed to the couch and lied down. She slowly adjusted herself before she finally stopped moving. I lied on Keith's bed and adjusted myself also. I couldn't really sleep, though. My mind was feeling pretty active at the moment. Probably because I slept all day.

I was unsure on whether or not I was gonna tell Yuri that she was dying. I mean, she was gonna find out sometime... it would depend on whether I wanted to deal with that now, or later. Or maybe I wouldn't tell her at all.

So I could either tell her what's going on, or pretend like I don't really notice. If I do tell her, then I guess I'd think about when I'd tell her. Should I...

Tell her tomorrow when she wakes up?
Tell her when major things start happening?
Or
Never tell her?

(Make Your Choice)