Complications

I thought about it for a moment. Half of me felt like he deserved to die. The other half of me felt... well I don't know how it felt. I mean, it seemed like killing him only brought benefits.

Finger on the trigger, I got ready to shoot.

"Would your mom have wanted this," he cried.

If his intention was to guilt me, I could tell you right now that I wasn't working. It was a pathetic attempt, and I didn't take to kindly to it.

"Shut up. You're pathetic... just accept it!"

I slowly pulled the trigger passed its safety point. He covered his face in fear. I took a shot at his shoulder, causing him to move his arms, revealing his fearful expression.

His cries of pain brought me joy. I felt slightly sickened by myself, but I couldn't help it. I shot him again in the stomach. He sounded weaker than before.

"Please... stop..."

I looked at him and smiled as I aimed the pistol once more. I got closer to make sure I took a shot that was near point blank. I pulled the trigger.

Not once, but twice.

Two holes in his head appeared after the two loud bangs of the gunshots. His cries went silent as I watched him bleed.

It felt good knowing that I was capable of doing this. I'm sure many would've ran away and hid. Not me. No... I'm fearless. I ain't giving in to anyone.

I gave Jared a call and told him that Cain was dead.

"I'm glad you were able to go through with it. Watch over yourself, okay? I feel like things will be better for you now that he's gone. I hope you feel satisfied with your choice."

"Yeah, I feel pretty good. And uh... just tell the rest of the gang that the deal went south and that Cain didn't make it. I'll deal with whatever they throw at me."

"I'll let them know, and I'll make sure no one comes after you. Stay safe, and if you need anything, you can always come by my place. We'll talk later."

"I can protect myself, but whatever. I'll see ya."

I hung up the phone. I searched around Cain's body and found his keys. There was a little bit of blood on them, but I didn't mind it. I drove his truck back to the hangout and picked up my car. I tried not to be seen by any of the members in case they were angry about what happened. After I got into my car, I drove back to my house, occasionally checking back to make sure I wasn't followed.

When I got home, I sat in my car and thought about what happened. Cain was gone, so I would need to find a new way to make money. Dealing drugs didn't seem like such a bad idea... as long as I could keep myself from getting shot. But then there's also the Blood Angels. Who knows what they'll try to do to me for putting Cain in a position to die?

Ah, it'll be alright. There's no use in thinking about it for now. I'll just over think and complicate things.

I entered the house and went to the guest room. I lied on the bed next to Yuri, who was using her phone.

"Oh, hey Danny."

"Hey."

"Did you just get back."

"Yeah." I turned away from her. "But I'm pretty tired. I'm gonna sleep."

"Oh okay... sleep well Danny."

I adjusted myself into a more comfortable position. Before going to sleep, I thought about some things.

My siblings. They're probably doing fine.

My mom. Still hospitalized.

My girlfriend. She's... something.

And that's it. Not much else to think about. Yeah, things in my life were pretty good. No more Cain, no more Kyle, I had some unnecessary, but useful protection. Things were going pretty well for me.

Things for Yuri however, might not be so good.