Final Day

I got up and approached Yuri as she was lying on the couch. I felt like telling her about what was gonna happen, but how do you tell someone that? I mean, I don't really care too much for her... but I ain't a monster!

Am I?

Ah screw it. I just wanna get this over with.

I put my arm on her and slowly shook her. She didn't wake up after the first few shakes, so I shook her again, but this time more vigorously. That seemed to do it.

She slowly turned to me. Her eyes widened for a second. She then tightly shut them and opened them normally.

"Danny..."

"Yuri, I need to tell you something."

She sat up and wiped her eyes. She tried looking at me, but she couldn't look at my eyes for more than a few seconds.

"Wh-What is it?"

"Yuri, I'm sure you noticed that you've been weak, right?"

"Well yes, I have..."

"Well..." I sighed. "I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, I'm just gonna be straight up with you. Yuri, you're dying. The computers gonna take you back. Most likely tonight."

She gasped. It looked like she was gonna freak out, but I stopped her.

"Hey come on, don't over react, you'll give me a headache. Just... I don't know, prepare for it I guess."

"How am I supposed to do that..."

"Figure it out! It ain't my problem really, just go to sleep or something. It's not like I need you for anything, I just wanted you to know that you'd be dying soon."

She looked shocked. I just dismissed it and lied on the bed. I was woken up by a dream, so I still felt pretty tired. I adjusted myself into a comfortable position and soon found myself falling asleep.

I was later woken up by a loud cackling sound. I opened my eyes and saw the room was being lit by something. After looking around a bit, I noticed the computer was on. It had the distorted screen that I had become familiar with.

I also noticed Yuri. She was sitting on the couch with her back turned towards me. I could hear her quietly sniffling. I'm surprised she didn't notice the cackling sound.

I also noticed her clothes on the floor. She was in her school uniform, and the clothes I bought her were just lying there. What a waste of money.

"Hey Yuri."

She turned to me. Her eyes shined slightly with the little bit of light that the computer was emitting.

"Yes?"

"I think the computers gonna take you already, so be ready. And pick up your clothes! I spent money on that, you know."

She got up from the couch and attempted to pick up the clothes, but they just phased through her hands.

"Danny..."

"Ugh. I'll pick them up in bit then I guess. Just be ready for the computer. It was very painful for Monika, and I expect the same for you."

"Monika... she went through this?"

"Yes yes, but worry about yourself. Now lie down. I don't remember what happens, but you need to be ready."

Yuri proceeded to lie on the couch. I could see the fear in her face, but I didn't care. I just wanted to get this over with.

I think I saw her body glitch for half a second, but she didn't seem to notice it at all.

"Danny, I'm scared."

"Well I can't do anything about that. Just don't freak out, I don't wanna have to deal with that."

"Danny, can you..."

Her voice trailed off. She just decided to cut herself short. I hated when people did that though, so I questioned her on it.

"Can I what," I asked sternly.

"I-It's not important... I'm sorry."

"Oh my god... don't apologize! What do you want?"

"I-I was gonna ask if you could maybe hold my hand..."

"Damn Yuri... you really made me realize something."

"What? What did you realize?"

"I shouldn't snap at you so much for apologizing."

"Oh well..."

"'Cause it keeps you from asking me stupid questions like that."

"Oh..."

"Really, you need to toughen up Yuri. The way you're acting... it's pathetic. Now, I'm gonna get some rest. Maybe you could use this time to improve yourself. Or maybe not, you're just gonna die anyway."

I heard her lightly gasp as I adjusted myself on the bed. I just ignored her and got into a comfortable position before falling asleep.