What Does It Mean

The sun was out, so I assumed it was morning. I checked my phone to confirm my assumption. After taking some time to adjust myself back into reality, I slowly sat up and looked around. It was just Keith's room, nothing out of the ordinary.

I headed downstairs and went to Keith's dads room. Upon entering, I felt as though someone was there. I could feel some sort of presence in the room. It made me uncomfortable, but I didn't want to go back upstairs. For some reason, it felt wrong. I did my best to ignore the feeling and just sleep in the empty room, even though it didn't feel empty.

Lying down just made it worse. As I lied in the bed, I felt something pulling me downward. Except there was nothing there, so my heart started racing. I put the cover over myself, still trying to ignore whatever I was feeling. It didn't help.

I had to get out. I didn't have any specific place to go, but I just couldn't be here. I grabbed my keys from Keith's room and headed to my car. I decided to head to Starbucks, since the calm music and light noises could put my mind into a calmer state.

Once I got there, I hid my pistol in my glovebox and went inside. I sat at a table and just used my phone, since I didn't bring much else. I also ordered coffee so that I wouldn't risk getting kicked out, even though I've never seen it happen.

I found myself just opening and closing apps on my phone while occasionally taking sips of my coffee. I didn't know what to do, my mind was overwhelmed but it was also blank at the same time. I was going crazy over thoughts of nothing.

"Monika! Vanilla frappe!"

What? No, it couldn't be.

I immediately looked up and saw a woman grabbing a frappe from the counter.

There was no mistaking it. That was Monika.

But how? There was no way... something was going on. Maybe I'm hallucinating? That seems like the only logical explanation.

Or was it? Damn it Danny, you're freaking out.

I didn't want to approach what looked like Monika, but I couldn't resist. Those beautiful eyes and that large bow. She couldn't escape my vision.

I quickly approached her. "M-Monika?"

She looked at me. "Hmm?"

I hugged her. "Monika! You're back!"

She slowly hugged me back and nervously giggled. "Uh, I think you might have the wrong person."

I let her go and looked at her confused. "What? No, of course not. Monika, it's me."

"I don't believe we met..."

"Monika, it's me! Danny!"

She thought about it for a moment. "I think I might know a Danny... but I'm not sure."

"But Monika..."

I suddenly felt something grab my shoulder from behind.

"Sir, you need to leave."

"What? No... I'm not going anywhere!"

People started bunching up in front of me. All of them forced me down, causing me to fall into an abyss that wasn't there before. As I continued to fall, the light above me started to disappear. I could only see a black void as I fell down what seemed like an endless abyss. Suddenly, something popped up in front of me. Large red words.

I felt something touch my shoulder