My Damn Ex

I woke up and checked my phone. It was 6:09, and there was a message from... Deanna? No, it couldn't be, me and Deanna haven't talked in nine months, why the hell would she be messaging me? Probably to ask for another favor... that bitch.

Without waking Yuri, I carefully moved to the side of the bed. I sat up and unlocked my phone to check the message. It was just a simple "Hey."

I sent a "Hey" back and waited for her to respond. I could feel my heart pounding as I waited. She responded about two minutes later.

"What's up?"

Was she trying to make conversation? It seemed like she'd try to avoid me whenever I would try to converse with her in the past.

"I'm just lying down. How about you?"

"Same."

"Oh nice."

"Yeah."

"Why'd you message me?"

"Well... I wanted to tell you that I missed you."

"What? You're fucking with me... that's a harsh move Deanna."

"No, I really do. I miss you so much. I really want you back, Danny. I want to be your girlfriend."

"I ain't gonna break up with my hot girlfriend just so I could get back with you."

"You have a girlfriend...?"

"Yeah I do. She's ten times hotter than you and has the breasts of a goddess."

"Danny, you're not serious, are you?"

"Yeah I'm fucking serious. How's it feel being the lonely one? Now leave me alone, I don't ever wanna see you again."

She didn't respond. I put my phone on my lap and thought about what just happened. I felt good for removing her from my life, but at the same time, I didn't really think I was actually over her.

Deanna was the only real person who wanted me. My past two girlfriends were fictional. We probably only dated because I brought them here. I'm pretty much the only person they've spent time with. If they got to meet other people, I'd probably be the last thing on there mind.

You know what? No. That's not true. Without me, they wouldn't have even been here. I'm the reason they got a taste of freedom!

I looked at Yuri as she slept. "Be grateful that I even decided to keep you. Without me, you wouldn't be here."

Of course, she was asleep, so she didn't hear me. I needed to make sure the message got across though, so I moved next to her and put my arm on her shoulder. As soon as I did, she slightly shook.

"Wait, you're awake?"

"I-I woke up when you moved from the bed. I wasn't sure what you were gonna do, so I..."

"So you thought I'd be stupid enough to believe that you were asleep? Of course not! I just wanted to make sure the message got through."

"No, I didn't think that at all..."

"Whatever. Like I said before, you should be grateful that I even kept you here."

She turned away. "I understand."

I tightly gripped her shoulder. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

I caught a glimpse of her eyes. They were slightly shining. Poor bitch was probably crying. What a weakling.

"What the hell are you crying about?"

"I..." she put her hands over her eyes and cried some more. "I don't know."

I sighed with disappointment. "Ah fuck it. You can sleep here. I'm gonna go sleep on the couch. I don't wanna be falling asleep on wet pillows.

She didn't say anything. She just continued to cry. I headed out of the room and went to the living room to sleep. It took some time and adjusting, but I finally managed to get myself to sleep.

For a couple of minutes that is.

My mind wouldn't let me stay asleep. I felt as though I had to keep going... like there was something inside me that didn't want me to rest just yet.