Leave Me Alone

I later woke up in a somewhat uncomfortable position. Well, most of my body was. I felt like my head was lying on something nice while the rest of my body was lying on something hard. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was lying in the park. I suddenly felt something go through my hair. I immediately turned to see what it was. When I did, I was greeted by Yuri's smile, causing me to feel confused. She was running her fingers through her hair, causing me to calm down.

It didn't matter how I felt towards her. The feeling of having someone run their hands through my hair was heavenly.

"Hi," she gently said.

I slowly sat up on the bench. "Yuri, what are we doing here," I asked sternly

"I wanted to show you something."

You too?

"I mean, I guess."

She stood up and approached the pond. I approached it with her. We looked down and observed our reflections in the water. They soon started to change into a clear image. The image started playing like a video, but with no sound. I watched the video and thought about what memory it was supposed to be representing.

"What is that," I asked.

"It's when we first started dating."

I looked at the video and continued to watch it, waiting for something to prove her claim. Really, all I saw was her playing with her hair and blushing. But I mean, that wasn't uncommon for her.

I looked at Yuri as she lightly giggled. "I remember this."

I looked back at the video and saw Yuri with a crazy smile. Ah, I remember that. She desperately looked for something on herself.

"I felt so overwhelmed with emotion, but I had no way to release it."

Danny suddenly grabbed Yuri's shoulders in the memory. She started to calm down before giving him a quick kiss.

"When you held my shoulders, I felt a sense of love and security. I still felt shy, but I wanted to thank you, as well as release some of the emotions, so I kissed you. It was a quick kiss, but it helped."

"Well uh... why are you showing me this?"

"Because things changed between us."

"What?"

"When we first met, you were, well, less aggressive. I felt as though we would grow closer, whether it be as a friendship or a relationship. I was actually expecting the latter, since you asked me to be your girlfriend."

"Well I guess. But I don't see you in the same way I used to. I'm sure you know that."

Her eyes started to shine before she looked down at her feet. "I know. I'm sorry if I've been a bother to you, Danny. That was the last thing I wanted to be."

I shook my head. "Well you could start by not apologizing so much. It's annoying, and you do it a lot. I'm pretty sure you don't do it 'cause you're actually sorry. I'm sure you just do it out of habit."

"I..."

She immediately caught herself and stopped herself. I looked back down at the water and continued speaking.

"See? You were already gonna do it again. It's actually pathetic, and I'll be sure to tell you that when this is over, don't you worry. That needs to change, and you ain't going to unless someone sets you straight. I'm gonna be the one to do it."

"You don't think you're being a little harsh with her?"

I looked back up, realizing that wasn't Yuri's voice. I saw Monika looking at me with a comforting, but questioning expression. She wasn't really smiling, she was... I don't know.

She was "Monikaing"

"Well no, not really. I mean, I did think so before, but really, she brings it upon herself. But why do you care?"

"Well she's not a bad person. You were really sweet and caring when you met me, why aren't you doing the same for her?"

I sighed. "I don't know."

"You do know, Danny. I love you, and I'd love to support you through all your decisions, but well... you need to think a little more about things before you do them."

"Honestly Monika, I have to disagree with that. I've been doing fine, and I have no regrets..."

So screw you and anything you have to say.

"So I think I'll just continue to follow my gut. I know what I'm doing."

She sighed. "Alright Danny. Well just keep being yourself." She smiled and hugged me. "No matter what, I'll always love you."

I didn't hug her back. I felt weird. It was unexplainable feeling.

Her grip on me soon loosened. She let me go and stared at me. After a couple of seconds, she broke the silence with her angelic voice.

"Danny, do you still feel the same way?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you still love me?"

I sighed. "Monika, you're not here anymore. I don't know what I feel. I know I'd still wanna be with you if you were still alive, but you're not. You're gone. You're dead. And well, I doubt we'll ever be together."

She smiled and closed her eyes. A tear broke through and rolled down her cheek as a broken "okay" slipped through her lips.

I felt a harsh gust of wind come towards me. As it did, Monika slowly approached and hugged me again. This time, I hugged her back.

"I'll always love you, Danny."

As I wrapped my arms around her, I felt a part of her turn to what felt like dust. I let her go and looked at her. She smiled as she stood in front of me, her body slowly disappearing. I watched as she slowly faded away into dust.

"Goodbye Monika," I quietly said.

After a couple more seconds, she was completely gone. No remains of her were left.

I went back to the bench and sat on it. I put my hands over my eyes and did my best not to cry. The tears decided to flow anyway, there was no stopping them.

I felt myself getting pulled back. It was a recognizable feeling, I had already felt it before.

I started to feel warm and comfortable. I removed my hands from my face and opened my eyes.

I found myself back in Keith's room.