Chapter 181. Truth And Tea Parties

In case someone clicks on this story thinking that it's a new story. I, the writer of this story, reached the chapter limit on the original story. This is the 181st chapter of The Demon King's Paladin. If you'd like to read that so you know what is going on, please click on my account and look for the original story.

Sincerely, Redlight.

                                                                Sarah Ericsson's Point Of View.

Anna and I waited patiently for John to awaken after we helped to replenish his mana with our preferred method. With a feeling of his warmth still on our lips, Anna and I continued discussing plans for Charlotte.

" Ah!"

John finally awoke after around an hour-long nap. He looked around the room, unfamiliar with the room as it's only our 2nd day here. His demeanor relaxed as his eyes fell on Anna and me. His relaxed face caused Anna and I to smile as his feelings of trust and feelings of safety with us by his side became so easy to see.

" Good morning. How was your nap, My Love?"

He stayed quite for a few moments before responding to my question.

" I lost."

He was somewhat irritated, but I could already see he began to review the mistakes he made during the sparring match. 

" My Love, you'll need to wait for the review later. For now, we need to get ready for your meeting with the King. You can finally fulfill the reason we came here for soon. For now, let's get you washed up, shall we?"

" Ah, right. I'll be explaining before dinner. I guess I should go bathe, shouldn't I?"

" As much as I like your scent right now, My Love. Yes, I think you should."

" I guess I'll head to the bath."

" First drink this, Darling."

Anna handed John a special drink. John drank it without even thinking about it.

" This tastes like apples?"

John commented on the drink.

" The fruit that drink is made from is known as the " Rainbow Fruit". It's something grown here in the Shadow Forest. It's great for revitalizing someone's energy after physical activity."

" Ah, like a sports drink."

Anna informed John about what it was he drank. Really... He almost trusts us too much. I'm happy he does, but I can't help but think "what if a shapeshifter came after our family?", it causes me some stress. Thankfully that fades as I remember his access to Holy Heal. The spell that brought us together. I started to smile as he left to bathe.

" With that, he should be fine. Are you sure about what we should do next?"

" Yes, the Queen has already asked for us. We can inform John when he comes back. For now, we just need to make sure our priorities are in order."

" We always will, Sarah."

Anna and I spent our time relaxing as we waited for our husband to return. With the time we've spent alone together, it's no surprise how close we've become. My time spent with Anna passes by as comfortably as when I'm with my blood family or Asha and Sharon. It's strange to think that in order to meet one of my closest friends, we first needed to marry the same man. While I thought about this curious twist of fate, time passed, and John returned.