Chapter 186. Steepness Inspires Climbing

" But will you be able to finish them in 2 months?"

" With the specs that you asked for... And the ring sizes... A little extra time to make sure the casts work... Everything should be done within 6 or 7 weeks, Lord Matthew. I'll move this to my top priority moving forward. This is the first time you've asked for something so specific after all. And the fact it's so important, Lord Matthew. I'm so glad you trusted me with it."

" Thank you, Dale. I've seen the work you've done; I know you'll do good work with it."

" No need to thank me, Lord Matthew, with all of these special metals, I feel like I need to give you something! This will make great practice for not only my apprentices, but also myself. I can't believe you found 3 buckets worth of Orichalcum. I could buy a city block with that kind of money."

" Yes, well... let's keep that to ourselves for now, Del. I want you to try infusing them with the Wyvern materials that are left."

" What are you guys discussing?"

Delan interrupted my discussion with Dale Spada, The Demon Smith in charge of the crafting of weapons, armors and accessories here in Paradise. For now, his workshop is small. We'll be building him a bigger one in time, it's just that he's the only qualified weapon and accessory smith in Paradise. He currently has 6 apprentices that he teaches. Because of that, in time, they'll need a bigger workshop. I wonder if Dale would like to send any of his apprentices to Kuga to learn? I guess I should make a questionnaire to hand out to the heads of different trades in Paradise to see if anyone in particular wants to go... If a bunch do, I might just have to do a lottery. Delcan was waiting for my answer to his question, I guess he finished the short tour around Dale's workshop. I don't want anyone to know what I'm doing with Dale since I want it to be a surprise...

" I was discussing a few things with Dale. Due to my abilities, when I was on my way to Darkheim, we found some deposits of Orichalcum and Mithril so I was wondering if he could combine it with either the Gator materials or any Wyvern materials that were left over from our recent hunting escapades.

" Are you talking about the Giant Demonic Alligators that surround the swamps?"

" Oh! So that's what they're called! Everyone just calls them gators around here."

" They range from A to S-Rank in terms of strength! And you're acting like it's no big deal?"

" Well, once you've killed a few by yourself, I guess they kind of lose that " dangerous" vibe they have? Maybe we've been lucky and only had to fight the A-Rank versions?"

" Lord Matthew, there's at least 1 S-Rank gator for every 7 A-Rank gators whose materials I get."

" Ah, well there you have it."

" You talk as if something like that is easy to deal with. You realize an S-class is capable of wiping out an entire village, right?"

Delcan seemed to start moping around. I mean I guess he hasn't fought a lot of S-Rank monsters but in my experience, there seems to be different levels of S-Ranks. For instance, the gators I've fought, after I've learned how they work are relatively easy to deal with by myself currently. But a Wyvern, I'd die if I fought it by myself. Even with Sarah and Anna, we'd need to come up with a strategy like last time to kill 1. Let's just hope we don't have to anytime soon, I guess.

" Wait, what are you doing with all of these monster corpses in the first place? I mean you killed a Wyvern to!"

" We're making weapons for the community."

One of Dale's apprentices spoke before I could lie.

" Damn it, Rudy!"

Seems Dale knew I didn't want the truth getting out. I looked at Delcan and he seemed calm. I guess it's not shocking to learn that I was trying to make weapons for my people.