Chapter 238. Dessert Punishment

The ice cream and cheesecake were in perfect condition when they arrived at the tables all around us. When dessert arrived at our table, I was able to confirm that it was indeed some kind of ice magic that kept the desserts cold, however, it seems that the magic wasn't cast by a Demon, but it was from a magical device. It was almost like each plate was a miniature freezer that kept the desserts nice and cold.

" Ah, this is the best after all..."

" You're so right, Ellie... Ah, I can taste the strawberries..."

Ellie and Wendy were sinking into their chairs as they enjoyed their ice cream and cheesecake.

" My Love, it seems to be a success. Fufufu!"

" Ah, Darling, look, those kids over there can't stop themselves from eating!"

Sarah and Anna were also looking around at the reactions of the Demons at different tables. Just eyeballing it, I think I worried a bit too much about the palates of other Demons for tonight. Whether drunk, sober, adult, child, man or woman, everyone was smiling and enjoying their first-time eating ice cream and cheesecake. I felt a hand on each of my hands and then a soft kiss on each of my cheeks. Sarah and Anna were just as happy as I was.

" All that hard work is paying off, My Love."

" Darling, tomorrow is going to be quite busy by the looks of it. We may need to stay and extra day considering all of the Baron and Knight Families that are here."

" I couldn't have gotten this far without the support of you both. It feels nice when things work out, doesn't it? Why don't we enjoy our dessert for tonight? We can worry about tomorrow in the morning."

Sarah and Anna were in the mood for celebrating. I smiled at them and decided to just relax and enjoy the rest of our time eating our dessert. With my words said, Sarah and Anna were in agreement with me. Granted I think they also wanted a kiss on the cheek as well, but I'd rather do something like that when we're alone. Not in the current situation where strangers and their children were periodically looking back at us to see what we were doing. While most of the looks that had outright hostile intent had disappeared with the drinks and food, a good amount of them were still glancing over, whether it was simply to look at the only 2 Humans that were here or to gaze at a Marquess or the 2 Princesses at the table is something I couldn't answer. Even now while most of the guests were digging into their desserts, curious kids and sober wives were glancing at our table between each bite. 

" Mhmmm..."

A cute sound came from across the table, I looked at it as I bit into my first spoonful of ice cream to see Princess Alice enjoying her serving of vanilla ice cream. Her ears were wiggling as the taste of ice cream spread all around her mouth. Even though she had a cat's tongue it seems that her ears are fully dog like. I'm reminded of a stray dog that Laura and I fed one day when we were coming back from school one day. I had a cup of pudding with me as an after-school snack. Looking at the dog I couldn't help but give him the rest of the pudding. His ears wiggled when I fed and pet him. Unfortunately, the next day, the dog had left. I hope he's still alive somewhere.

" What's the matter?"

Ah, seems I've been caught staring. I was lost in thought thinking about the dog and now Princess Alice noticed me.

" I was just thinking that you looked like you were really enjoying the dessert. I'm glad you were, Princess Alice."

" Oh, well, yes, the ice cream really agrees with my palate."

It seems that Princess Alice bought my excuse. I'm glad that I avoided bringing up the ears thing. That was until I felt someone's breath on my ear as she began to speak.