Chapter 184. Tea And Names

" Yes, I think that can work for all of us, Ms. Sella."

" That's fantastic news, Ms. Emily."

/SCREECH!/

" That door needs some oil."

" Lord Matthew!"

" Lord Matthew!"

As I opened the door to my office, the door screeched like it was rusted. I wonder if I can find someone to fix that. Maybe someone from Bronzebone or Sander? As I entered the door, Emily and Ruby happily greeted me as I walked in the room. But it seems they had guests. 3 Dwarves were there, sitting around the coffee table with papers spread all around. Maybe I should look into getting a bit table put in somewhere for business dealings? As I entered the room, Sarah and Anna joined me. And for some reason, Charlotte and Delcan did. Regardless of that, Emily and Ruby walked up to us to greet us.

" Welcome back, I wasn't expecting for you to come back so quickly!"

" How was your trip!"

Emily and then Ruby spoke to me. I was glad that they seemed to genuinely miss us. Once I noticed that the Dwarves were looking at us awkwardly, I decided to pull back for now.

" As much as I'd like to talk to you both after so long. I think you both should finish up here first. It's okay, I'll go downstairs and make some tea for you."

" Oh! Right!"

Emily turned around and returned to her seat, Ruby followed her somewhat reluctantly. I took everyone downstairs and began to make tea.

" Princess Charlotte, Prince Delcan, would you like some tea as well?"

" What kind do you have?"

" We have Black, Green and Blue currently."

" Woah!"

Janet spoke from my side as we were walking in the hallway.

" Janet, you scared me."

" Welcome back Lord Matthew."

Janet smiled at me as if she wanted to do that. I'll remember this!

" I see you've brought guests, Lord Matthew."

Janet looks at Delcan and Charlotte and starts to curtsy.

" My name is Janet, I'm the head maid of Lord Matthew's home. I hope I can serve you well."

" My name is Delcan Nyx, I'm the 2nd Prince of Darkheim."

" And I'm Charlotte Nyx, the 2nd Princess of Darkheim. Also, I'll be instated as the new Chief of Staff of the military here in Paradise."

Janet, the consummate professional, didn't even blink as Delcan and Charlotte introduced themselves. I need to remember to praise Anna for her training of our staff. She's turned villagers looking for a better life and to pay a debt into an amazing staff of professionals.

" I hope my husband's tea is to your liking, Prince Delcan, Princess Charlotte."

" Ah, Jim is here today as well?"

" Yes, he's begun working every other day at the lab."

" Is he overworking himself as all?"

" No, if anything, the amount of energy he has, has increased since moving to this schedule. He seems very happy with his work."

" That's great, let me know immediately if either of you need a break. Also, Ellie."

" Of course, Lord Matthew. Now please, let me guide everyone to the dining room."