Chapter 205. Honest Communication

John Ericsson's Point Of View

" What is this? It's great!"

Lucas was smiling happily as he dug into his 3rd serving of ice cream. Since he arrived here before dinner and had nowhere to sleep, Anna and I decided to invite him into the mansion until we could find a house for him. With that, we had 4 people sleeping over as guests. In total there were 10 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms now that the place had been fully cleaned and outfitted by our employees. I was shocked since I thought there were less when I first came here, but when Janet, Ashley, Brenda, Catherine and Ellie wound up finding extra rooms that were hidden by copious amounts of useless junk. Well, useless is selling them a bit short, but seeing as I had no real use for statues made of Gold or Silver, I had them melted down and made into coins and threw them into the treasury that was still empty.

" How did you even find out that this could work!?"

" I know right! It's so astonishing!"

" The first time I tried it I couldn't believe that someone made something like this!"

" Yeah, Matthew has definitely made something special."

To Lucas's amazement, Princess Alice of all people was the first one to agree with him. She has had ice cream every day since coming to Paradise, I'd dare say it's her favorite food at this point. Charlotte was next, while she does enjoy the ice cream, she's also a big fan of melted cheese on different foods. Then Delcan simply stated the truth of the matter. I mean, if I didn't believe that ice cream could make an impact here... I definitely didn't just do it so I could have some comfort food... Definitely not... Why are Sarah and Anna looking at me like that?

" Hey how do you make this stuff?"

" Huh? Ah, right I didn't tell you what it was made from. It's a milk product."

" M-Milk?"

Lucas looked down at the bowl and his face went from happy and joyful to scared and anxious. I thought about letting him sit like that for a moment, but Anna jabbed my side, and I began to calm Lucas down.

" Relax, I've found a method to eliminate those pesky side effects that usually would plague people. You should be perfectly fine to enjoy the products. Though there is still a condition some people have where they'll have a few issues still, but we're working on a specific product for them."

" Oh, well, that's good at least."

" Why not just wait for that version then? So, you don't have to worry about those people with that condition?"

" Because I wanted ice cream as soon as possible."

Princess Alice had another question for me. Over these 2 months, I feel like she's asked at least 3 questions a day about my reasons for making milk products and why I've done it the way I did. But to be honest, everything kind of fell into place when I smelled those plants after defeating the Wyvern. I was off to the races after that. Knowing that, I just answered the best I could to her questions. Weirdly enough, she never asked about any of the recipes for the milk products that I'd be selling. I'd assume that asking that is a no-no in the business world, but I could swear that she's been holding herself back from asking. Well, it's not like I would answer anyways, I guess.

" So, wait, was that weird sauce you had on the steak for dinner, something made from milk to?"

" Yes, it was a pepper cream sauce. My Head Chef Jim made it, he also develops recipes for the milk products based on my own input and his own instincts as a chef. Based on all of the empty plates, I'd say he's doing a great job, wouldn't you?"