Chapter 194. Taste Testing Dinner

" Okay, this first dish is called a "cheeseburger" It's a sandwich that was readily available in my country. It's made traditionally with beef, in this case we used some of the meat from the C-Class monster known as a "Lucibull". You grind the meat into something moldable and then you cook it well-done and add cheese, a tomato-based sauce called ketchup, with lettuce, tomato and pickles. Granted, I'm not a fan of having pickles on my burgers so it'll be up to you to customize it after trying it the traditional way. By all means if you're not a fan of them like me, you can remove them. That is usually half the fun of a burger in all honesty."

We had made our way to the dining room and then I called for Jim. He was actually happy when I told him that Princess Alice and Delcan were potential business partners and were also doubling as taste testers for the 4 dishes we made. He worked with great vigor to make a balanced course for everyone. Though, as someone who already knows what they taste like, I asked a burger. With everyone sitting at the table and listening to me explain the first dish, I also needed to explain the side order that comes with the burger.

" Also, as you'll all notice, this dish is usually served with 1 of 2 side dishes. These are called fries where I'm from. They're deep-fried potatoes and the traditional thing is to dip them in either ketchup or melted cheese. I've given you all both sauces to dip. I hope you enjoy it. As there's another savory dish, Jim took that into consideration and is serving you approximately half a serving, so you'll have room for the next dish. I hope you enjoy the meal. Please, dig in."

With my words, the diners began to dig in. Unlike what I thought would happen, the dining table was silent as they all continued to eat the food. I guess that would be a good thing, since they weren't complaining. The first to finish their meal was Ruby.

" That was great! I want more!"

" Maybe you should use a napkin first, Ruby."

"Oh!"

I chuckled slightly at Ruby's face. I guess I should mention that a good burger has the chance to be a bit messy, observing that all of the girls are now reaching for their napkins tells me that I don't need to. After a while, everyone finished their smaller than normal burgers. With that I began to hear their impressions. Sarah and Anna were the first to voice their opinions.

" It suits Demons tastes I believe. I'd personally rather have a bit more meat myself, but the combination of the ingredients was good."

" I agree with Sarah, but this might be somewhat difficult to advertise to Noblewomen since it can be a bit... messy."

" Thank you for the input. However, I plan on having this be a street food."

" A street food? How?"

Princess Alice was surprised at my words. Honestly it shouldn't be too shocking, I've seen food stalls since I showed up here.

" Basically, you only need fresh ingredients and the ability to cook the burgers, melt the cheese and toast the buns. You can achieve that a few ways, the easiest of which is to make a few adjustments to a regular street food stall to hold some of the needed ingredients. Some of our blacksmiths have already figured out how to get it all done and they're currently in the experimentation phase of making the stalls work. I'd imagine it'll be ready to go by next spring considering the progress that's already been made."

After calming explaining the situation, Princess Alice still didn't seem too reassured, that was until Sarah spoke to her.

" Alice, the planning was accomplished with Anna and myself collaborating."

" But even with that... I mean how much would you even sell this for?"

" The market price for a dinner for an adult is 3 iron coins for an adult and 2 for a child, right? that's what the model will also be."