Chapter 199. Martial Arts Class

It's been a week since I explained everything Angela had told me to Sarah and Anna. Since then, I've yet to have another nightmare. Every morning when I inform Sarah and Anna, they seem to have a mix of relief and anxiety at my answer. I have a bit myself, it feels like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, like there's something coming. Regardless, I can't let our lives be dictated by something that " could" happen, so I've been continuing my job as a business owner and the Lord of Paradise. With the rest of the paperwork, I had to catch up on being done by the 4th day I was back, I began to work on my magic again. While I began working away at my magic a few days ago, I noticed something during my time at my office desk that was impossible to ignore.

/STARE.../

" Ruby... Is there something I can help you with?"

"..."

Ruby has been staring at me all day, I wondered why, but I really couldn't recall if I did something. Perhaps this is how that " Diplomat" Title works? I've changed Otherworlder and Brazen Warrior out for Businessman and Diplomat. The textbox for them convinced me to switch them out.

________________________________________________________________________________

Businessman

A Title given to those who make business deals of notable consequence.

Effect.

Percentage of business dealings ending in your favor UP 75%!

________________________________________________________________________________

I wondered why this one had a number value attached to it. I put it up to the System just wanting to mess with me to some degree.

________________________________________________________________________________

Diplomat

A Title given to those who work to bridge the gap between people!

Effect.

Instinct given to the title holder to help them grow closer to others. Passive.

Percentage of diplomatic negotiations ending in your favor, UP!

________________________________________________________________________________

Again, why is it so fucking vague!? My anger was growing in me before I heard a voice coming from my left side.

" You really don't remember, Matthew?"

Emily seemed surprised by my answer. She sat at her desk as she spoke to me.

" What?"

" Yo- You said that you would let Ruby teach you martial arts the other day. She's been patiently waiting for you to approach her to start teaching you."

Oh yeah... I did say that didn't I? I look back at Ruby and she looks away from me. I crack a smile as she looks at the wall with only some paintings on it that have never drawn her interest before.

" Ruby, could you look at me for a moment?"

" No."

" No? But how can I talk to you if you can't even look at me? If you were to teach me martial arts, how can you tell I'm improving if you don't look at me?"

Ruby looked down a little at my words. Her reactions to my teasing are certainly something fun to see.

" Matthew, I think it's time to stop teasing her."

" Alright, alright."

I get out of my chair and walk over to Ruby who still wasn't looking at me. I stand in front of her and begin to speak softly.