Chapter 209. Ruby's Reward 1

" Are you prepared for the day?"

" Yeah, I think so. I still find it kind of weird that this is the first day I've had off in such a long time."

" Well, it's to make good on a promise to an employee so I doubt anyone would have an issue with it, right Anna?"

" Yes, Sarah. I think everyone can understand it."

" But at the same time, I'll be just going out with Ruby, don't you think that's a bit strange? Like... As my wives?"

My question caused Sarah and Anna to pause for a moment. I guess they might not have thought about it since they brought this up to me yesterday. That day marked a week since I had picked up Holy Martial Arts. With a tweak of my schedule, by that I mean I now skip my lunch and go straight to a farm or a wall I needed to work on, I now only have 2 farms left and 85% of the roads and 30% of the walls renovated. However, as a consequence of doing all of this, the girls have noticed that I've gone a bit... Ragged I guess would be the word? I seemed to lack energy, I put this up to not having any energy by the time I make it back at night after practicing Holy Martial Arts and continuing the farming and construction projects. Yesterday was apparently the breaking point for the girls. Ruby and Emily joined us for dinner, she noticed I didn't finish the soup that I usually can't get enough of.

" That does it!"

" Ruby?"

Everyone called her name as we were shocked by her outburst.

" Tomorrow, I want my reward!"

"..."

I was surprised by Ruby's demand. Mostly because Sarah and Anna never informed me what she wanted in the first place. They both didn't look very surprised by what Ruby had said, let alone Emily or even Charlotte or Delcan who had joined us for dinner. Princess Alice said she wanted to relax in her new house for the day. While all of this was happening, Lucas was simply eating his soup happily. Regardless, I needed to know what Ruby wanted, so I began to ask her.

" What do you want as a reward, Ruby?"

I asked to find out what she wanted.

" Tomorrow, you and I are going to spend the day together!"

I scratched my cheek after she spoke. And I had one thought about what she just asked me.

" L-Like a date?"

Sarah and Anna didn't change their expressions at my words. But Ruby seemed to be affected by them. It's like she didn't even notice.

" My Love, whether you think it's something like that or not, Ruby has made her wants known. All we can do is honor your words and let her claim her reward. Just remember that she's an unmarried woman and it should be fine."

" I mean... Are you both sure tha-"

" Yes, it'll be fine, Darling."

With Anna's final words on the subject, dinner continued in a somewhat awkward silence. It seems Ruby is either regretting or realizing how what she said sounded to everyone. Regardless, the night came, then the morning. And now we've come to this point. Sarah had asked how I was, and I began to answer and share a few thoughts. Since Ruby wanted her reward to last till sundown, this technically became my day off. I thought it was fine, but there was a part of me who wondered if I couldn't quickly teleport to the farm and let Lily finish some developments on the 2nd to last farm we needed to make.

/Knock! Knock! Knock!/

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts.

" It seems its finally time. Have fun, My Love."