Chapter 239. Public Debut Of A New Business

I finally made it to the same table that Byron and the rest of the Fracks family sat. The walk was filled with stares that had followed me the entire night. Like I said before, there was curiosity and anger as in the stares that came my way. The guests were mixed in their feelings for me, that was the least I could say.

" Hope you have a speech prepared!"

Byron cheerfully hands me the mic as he asks about a speech. He was supposed to be the one with the speech! Regardless, I smile and nod to him and his family. His father's eyes continue to bother me as they look at me with a mixture of confusion and what seemed like a hint of callousness. I noticed that his plate seemed to barely have any of the cake or ice cream touched at all. Not a big fan, I guess? Would've been useful to ask why, but honestly just standing next to this guy is giving me stronger feelings of chills and goosebumps. What the hell is up with him?

" Are you okay?"

A voice with notes of concern reaches my ears, Lady Cindy spoke to me as she looked worriedly at me. I take a deep breath and reply to her.

" I just have a full stomach is all Lady Cindy. A Human's stomach can't match a Demon's, no matter how much we try."

I offer a smile and she looked relieved at my answer. My ice cream and cheesecake seemed to have markedly improved her mood since our first meeting. I guess even more now with her full stomach and my desserts being the cherry on top for her. Before I get lost in thought about how sweets can impact a girl's mood, I turn around and begin to address the crowd.

" Hello, my name is Matthew Drake, I am the Marquess who was made the Lord of Paradise by the grace of our King and Queen Warrick and Aqua Dreadnaught. I arrived in town with a goal in mind. You see, I've created with the help of the inhabitants of my home, a few products that this world had never seen before. What comes naturally when you create something is to show it to other people so they to, can appreciate it. 2 of those products being the ice cream and cheesecake that you've all had today."

" What!?"

" He made something that tasty?"

" Maybe he isn't too bad?"

" He's still a Human, though?"

" King Warrick maybe saw he had talent for this?"

" Mom, does that mean he can give us more?"

" Dad, he's the guy you want to talk to about having more cake then!"

A cacophony of voices poured in after I announced that I was the one responsible for creating the ice cream and cheesecake. Some of the kid's voices I heard a bit clearer than the men and women who just seemed confused, appeared to reveal what they and their parents actually thought of the food. I thought this was a good thing. A quick plan of attack opened up, I looked for one of the kids who had been looking back and forth at her empty plate and back to me in disbelief at what I said.

" For instance, you there. Did you enjoy the dessert? What if I told you, it'd be possible to have ice cream, cheesecake or even more delicious food just like it every day?"

 I pointed to a young girl around the age of 11 or 13 if I had to guess, who now had started to look back and forth between myself and her parents. Without a word from her parents who seemed to be shocked that I engaged the crowd, the girl seemed to buckle under the pressure of the fellow party goers looking for her reply. She began to speak softly and somewhat shakily.

" Uhm... Yes, I'd like that... I think?"

" Ah, not a public speaker, are you? My apologies, Little Miss. You see I picked you because I noticed you kept looking back and forth at the plate as I talked about the ice cream. But don't feel bad! I'm not great at it either! Continuing on, the idea that you could have ice cream, or other products, is something I was hoping to make a possibility. which is why, I'm happy to announce that Roseland Products is now in business!"